Re: African Guitar Tabs

  • Alisdair MacRae Birch
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 22, 2001
      Hi

      Folo Graff, who lives in London, UK and is originally from
      Sierra Leone has just published his book African Guitar
      styles. In the book he brings together a huge selection of
      classic styles old and new from all over the continent,
      ranging from the desert blues of Mali through West African
      highlife and Afrobeat to Congolese rumba and soukous and
      South African township jive. I highly recommend it.

      http://www.adgproductions.com/

      Alisdair MacRae Birch
      Jazz Guitarist
      htpp://www.alisdair.com/

      --- In african_music@y..., "Diane Plumlee" <Plumlee@n...> wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > I am a guitar teacher from Ohio looking for guitar tabs or
      > traditional notation of modern African music such as Johnny
      > Clegg. Does anyone on the list know where I can find such
      > materials?
      >
      > Gustavo Plumlee
      > Plumlee@n...
    • Diane Plumlee
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2001
        Hi all

        I am a guitar teacher who really would love to find guitar tabs of African
        music on the web. I can not find anything remotely African in Akron, Ohio.

        Gustavo
        Plumlee@...
      • Deolindo Casimiro
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 23, 2001
          >From: "Diane Plumlee" <Plumlee@...>
          >To: <african_music@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: [african_music] African Guitar Tabs
          >Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:17:43 -0500
          >
          >Hi all
          >
          >I am a guitar teacher who really would love to find guitar tabs of African
          >music on the web. I can not find anything remotely African in Akron, Ohio.
          >
          >Gustavo
          >Plumlee@...

          Diane, or Gustavo

          African music in tabs or even in conventional notation doesnt come by so
          easily. Those who can trasncribe should dedicate some of their time to this