My New Year Blessing...

  • C.Sade Turnipseed
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2007
      Greetings Family and Friends,

      As the Blessings of the New Year continually roll in…I am very happy
      to let you in on a few of mine, by making the following announcement:

      On January 10, 2007, I accepted the position of Director of
      Programming and Production for the Mississippi Action for Community
      Education (MACE). In this capacity, I am responsible for producing
      cultural arts programs throughout the Mississippi Delta region,
      specifically the world-renowned "Delta Blues and Heritage Festival,"
      and the soon to be nation-wide "Blues in School" project. Both
      programs emanate from my new homebase Greenville, Mississippi…soon
      to be "Bluesville, USA!"

      MACE is…a non-profit, rural development organization created by
      community leaders in 1967, to stimulate physical, social, and
      economic development in the rural Mississippi Delta.

      "Delta Blues and Heritage Festival," is the longest
      running "authentic" Blues festival in the world. It takes place on
      sacred & holy grounds of the Mississippi Delta…in the Cotton Fields.
      These are the cotton fields that spawned the treasured and much
      revered cultural legacies, known as the Blues…the Spirituals…

      The purpose of the Delta Blues and Heritage Festival is to reach a
      worldwide audience with a celebration of the contributions the
      African Americans in the Mississippi Delta made to the American
      story - and to help preserve that culture for the world's
      enrichment.

      It is my hope and prayer that each of you will help me in my new
      position, by spreading the word about the Blues tradition and join
      me in commemorating this powerful legacy at the 30th Annual "Delta
      Blues and Heritage Festival," September 15, 2007. This is the day
      when Greenville, Mississippi will be transformed into, "Bluesville,
      USA!"

      If you are interested in supporting the MACE organization, or
      participating on any level at either event, please send your package
      of information to:

      MACE
      Attn: C.Sade Turnipseed
      119 S. Theobald Street