Looking to hire an Authentic African Performing Group in the US

  • pen65
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 21, 2005
      I am looking for an authentic Arfican group to perform at my College's
      International fair on April 23, 2006. Interested parties can call me at
      260-982-5276. Dr Gitau
    • Renee Lamira
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 27, 2005
        check out Renee Lamira on www.reneelamira.com

        pen65 <pen65@...> wrote:
        I am looking for an authentic Arfican group to perform at my College's
        International fair on April 23, 2006. Interested parties can call me at
        260-982-5276. Dr Gitau

      • Annette O Connor
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
          Hello,

          I am Chibo's wife and friends of a band called Afro Fiesta, you can check them out on www.music.org.za. They play soukous, rumba and salsa and reggae and do a congolese dance spectaculour, known as koyimbi-ko. We would make travel arrangements ourselves. My husband lives with me in Dublin now but he still works closely with Mermans and the guys via mail and internet. We would be very interested in doing this college gig. Telephone 00-353-85-1379-125. Chibo

          God bless,

          Annette

          pen65 <pen65@...> wrote:
          I am looking for an authentic Arfican group to perform at my College's
          International fair on April 23, 2006. Interested parties can call me at
          260-982-5276. Dr Gitau

        • Peter Gitau
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 13, 2006
            Are you in the US or able to make your own
            arrangements without asking me to pay for
            international travel? What are your costs?

            --- Annette O Connor <aine_dublin@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > I am Chibo's wife and friends of a band called
            > Afro Fiesta, you can check them out on
            > www.music.org.za. They play soukous, rumba and
            > salsa and reggae and do a congolese dance
            > spectaculour, known as koyimbi-ko. We would make
            > travel arrangements ourselves. My husband lives
            > with me in Dublin now but he still works closely
            > with Mermans and the guys via mail and internet. We
            > would be very interested in doing this college gig.
            > Telephone 00-353-85-1379-125. Chibo
            >
            > God bless,
            >
            > Annette
            >
            > pen65 <pen65@...> wrote:
            > I am looking for an authentic Arfican group to
            > perform at my College's
            > International fair on April 23, 2006. Interested
            > parties can call me at
            > 260-982-5276. Dr Gitau

            > removed]

            Peter Gitau, PhD
            Director of Multicultural Affairs and
            Executive Assistant to the President for Diversity
            Manchester College, N. Manchester IN 46962
            (h) Phone: 260-982-9682
            (w) 260-982-5276

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • steve huller
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 13, 2006
              I have just the group you are looking for who are already in the United States and touring at that time. They are called Sarakasi the Acrobats of Africa and information can be gotten at:

              www.sarkasi.blogspot.com

              We are available and can get you a DVD at your request. We feature live music, dance acrobatics and singing from east Africa. It's the best show ever.

              Thanks

              Look forward to here from you

              Stephan

            • adriano de sousa
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 13, 2006
                Peter is this Manchester , where? england? I'm based in London and have contact with people who are bringing a group from ghana, if you are in England this might suite you quite well. If it's elsewhere we could discuss opportunities in the future.
                Regards Adriano

                Peter Gitau <pen65@...> wrote:

                Are you in the US or able to make your own
                arrangements without asking me to pay for
                international travel? What are your costs?

              • lely_r_m
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 13, 2006
                  Hello,
                  An authentic African group I recommend Soweto Street Beat. The
                  director is Peter Ngcobo 770-435-4691. They are currently based out
                  of Atlanta GA and are extremely wonderful and energetic. They are a
                  wonderful people as well.

                  Mirely

                  --- In african_music@yahoogroups.com, Peter Gitau <pen65@y...> wrote:

                  > Are you in the US or able to make your own
                  > arrangements without asking me to pay for
                  > international travel? What are your costs?
                  >

                  > --- Annette O Connor <aine_dublin@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hello,
                  > >
                  > > I am Chibo's wife and friends of a band called
                  > > Afro Fiesta, you can check them out on
                  > > www.music.org.za. They play soukous, rumba and
                  > > salsa and reggae and do a congolese dance
                  > > spectaculour, known as koyimbi-ko. We would make
                  > > travel arrangements ourselves. My husband lives
                  > > with me in Dublin now but he still works closely
                  > > with Mermans and the guys via mail and internet. We
                  > > would be very interested in doing this college gig.
                  > > Telephone 00-353-85-1379-125. Chibo
                  > >
                  > > God bless,
                  > >
                  > > Annette
                  > >
                  > > pen65 <pen65@y...> wrote:
                  > > I am looking for an authentic Arfican group to
                  > > perform at my College's
                  > > International fair on April 23, 2006. Interested
                  > > parties can call me at
                  > > 260-982-5276. Dr Gitau

                  > > removed]
                  > >

                  > Peter Gitau, PhD
                  > Director of Multicultural Affairs and
                  > Executive Assistant to the President for Diversity
                  > Manchester College, N. Manchester IN 46962
                  > (h) Phone: 260-982-9682
                  > (w) 260-982-5276

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                • philip roy
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 13, 2006
                    You should check out>

                    http://www.k-gmusic.com

                    East Africa's Afro-Urban Legend now based in Florida.

                    --- In african_music@yahoogroups.com, Peter Gitau <pen65@y...> wrote:

                    > Are you in the US or able to make your own
                    > arrangements without asking me to pay for
                    > international travel? What are your costs?
                    >

                    > --- Annette O Connor <aine_dublin@y...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hello,
                    > >
                    > > I am Chibo's wife and friends of a band called
                    > > Afro Fiesta, you can check them out on
                    > > www.music.org.za. They play soukous, rumba and
                    > > salsa and reggae and do a congolese dance
                    > > spectaculour, known as koyimbi-ko. We would make
                    > > travel arrangements ourselves. My husband lives
                    > > with me in Dublin now but he still works closely
                    > > with Mermans and the guys via mail and internet. We
                    > > would be very interested in doing this college gig.
                    > > Telephone 00-353-85-1379-125. Chibo
                    > >
                    > > God bless,
                    > >
                    > > Annette
                    > >
                    > > pen65 <pen65@y...> wrote:
                    > > I am looking for an authentic Arfican group to
                    > > perform at my College's
                    > > International fair on April 23, 2006. Interested
                    > > parties can call me at
                    > > 260-982-5276. Dr Gitau

                    > > removed]
                    > >

                    > Peter Gitau, PhD
                    > Director of Multicultural Affairs and
                    > Executive Assistant to the President for Diversity
                    > Manchester College, N. Manchester IN 46962
                    > (h) Phone: 260-982-9682
                    > (w) 260-982-5276

                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Peter Gitau
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 14, 2006
                      Sorry, it is North Manchester, Indiana, USA. Will be
                      glad to know of other groups in the vicinity. Thank
                      you.

                      --- adriano de sousa <zoukme4eva@...> wrote:

                      > Peter is this Manchester , where? england? I'm based
                      > in London and have contact with people who are
                      > bringing a group from ghana, if you are in England
                      > this might suite you quite well. If it's elsewhere
                      > we could discuss opportunities in the future.
                      > Regards Adriano
                      >
                      > Peter Gitau <pen65@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Are you in the US or able to make your own
                      > arrangements without asking me to pay for
                      > international travel? What are your costs?

                      > removed]

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Peter Gitau
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 14, 2006
                        PLease get in touch with me at 260-982-5276. I am in
                        the process of nailing a group for this event. My
                        College is in NOrth Manchester, Indiana, USA.

                        http://mail.yahoo.com