Re: Kora awards 2000 and 2001

  • Trond
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 29 6:32 AM
      Hi again,

      Thank you, Yumi, for your help with the address. I hope this
      website will be up again soon...

      My reason for asking about the Kora awards was not to
      destroy the African music.... I'm sorry to hear someone
      thinks this way. I just thought about this award ceremony as
      a great way to get to know more African music as I thought
      the singers would be eager to participate in it as they
      could promote their music to a wider audience. But, hey I
      just wanted to know more about African music, since I like
      the sound of it... It's quite difficult to keep updated on
      what's released as new music in Africa when you live in
      Norway. I'm particulary in search for new music from Kenya,
      Tanzania, Uganda, Sudan, Tchad, Mozambique, Somalia since
      these countries never seem to appear on any website (just
      Mali, Senegal and so on). When I want to get to know new
      music I'm looking for releases from 2000 or 2001, so if some
      of you have some to recommend me, please do. However, I
      still would like to see the Kora awards shows on video, so
      if someone can help I will be very happy!!! It was actually
      the Kora awards in 1996, which was sent on Norwegian TV,
      which made me realize how great the African music is
      (Meiway, Awilo Longomba, Lucky Dube, Khadja Nin)!

      Best Wishes
      Trond