Greetings

  • ynegussie@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
      Hello moderator

      I noticed, people don't post anything here. It seems like this list
      lacks members. Perhaps you should promote this group so people can
      join and discuss African music.

      Just my .02 cents worth.

      Peace
      Yared
    • tim.llewellyn@cableinet.co.uk
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13 8:46 AM
        --- In african_music@y..., ynegussie@y... wrote:
        > Hello moderator
        >
        > I noticed, people don't post anything here. It seems like this list
        > lacks members. Perhaps you should promote this group so people can
        > join and discuss African music.

        smae thing with alt.music.african.

        > Just my .02 cents worth.
        >
        > Peace
        > Yared
      • Alisdair MacRae Birch
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 13 1:06 PM
          Hi Tim

          I hope we can change things here as we get going!

          Best Wishes

          Alisdair MacRae Birch
          Guitarist
          Email: alisdair@...
          Web: http://www.alisdair.com
          The Jazz Guitar Discussion List:
          The Band In A Box User Group:

          --- In african_music@y..., tim.llewellyn@c... wrote:
          > --- In african_music@y..., ynegussie@y... wrote:
          > > Hello moderator
          > >
          > > I noticed, people don't post anything here. It seems like this
          list
          > > lacks members. Perhaps you should promote this group so people
          can
          > > join and discuss African music.
          > >
          > smae thing with alt.music.african.
          >
          > > Just my .02 cents worth.
          > >
          > > Peace
          > > Yared
        • tracy_33161
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2002
            Hi,

            I am a 20 year old female, American of Haitian descent. I love
            all types of music that involves drums and chantings and etc. A
            couple years ago, in my jazz class, I was introduced to the acappella
            sounds of Zap Mama. I immediately went out and purchased their CD,
            Amazone. It is really good. I love it. My second Zap Mama CD, is
            Seven. I think Amazone is the better of the two. I hear that
            their
            CDs previous to the ones listed above are straight acappella, and I'm
            dying to hear them. I just wanted to share my love of Zap Mama with
            you all. If there are other African musicians with similar stylings
            or better, please let me know. I am also into hip hop, regaee and
            R&B, if there are african musicians which have those stylings, please
            let me know as well.

            Hope to hear from you all soon.

            Tracy

            The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree!!!!
          • CPublicRel@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 25 4:13 PM
              Hello, I have just signed on as one of your newest members and I understand
              it is standard practice to introduce myself...Please accept the enclosed bio,
              by way of introduction. Looking forward...
              sade

              BIOGRAPHY
              C.SadeTurnipseed presents a record of successes as professor/executive
              producer of: educational and literary concept developments for film, television,
              radio, live stage events and festivals.
              Ms. Turnipseed presents film festivals and literary performances
              internationally. Her current projects include: FESPACO: Paul Robeson Award Initiative,
              Burkina Faso, Africa; FESPACO 2005 The Best of the Best, the documentary;
              and, Saving Our Babies Anthology: By Writers of the 21st Century.
              As an educator, Ms. Turnipseed serves as interim Project Developer for
              KHAFRE a non-profit business & writers institute, in Mississippi; and as adjunct
              professor at California State University at Northridge (CSUN) in the Pan
              African Studies. She held an adjunct professorship, at the University, District of
              Columbia, Washington, DC, in Mass Media; West Coast University in Los
              Angeles, CA; where she also worked within the Los Angeles Unified School District,
              with high school children developing their abilities to write their life’s
              stories, in the forms of scripts and video production concepts.
              Her most celebrated productions were: Dr. Maya Angelou and Sweet Honey in
              the Rock together for a "Sweet Sunday at the Zellerbach" performance in
              Berkeley, California, in 1990; Babatunde Olatunji, “Master Drummer of All Times,”
              Wose Community Center, Oakland, CA, in 1992; Dr. John Henrik Clarke, “The
              Master Teacher of All Times,” (a five part series) “The Legacy of Malcolm X &
              Martin Luther King, Jr.,” held in KHAFRE Community Center in Oakland, CA, in
              1994; Sharrone Mitchell’s, “Fashion in the Symbols of the Adinkra,” held in
              the Ghanaian Embassy in Washington, DC, in 1998 “Forty Years of Community
              Service Tribute to Mayor,
              Marion Barry” held in the MCI Center, Washington, DC, hosted by Maya Angelou
              and
              Louis Gossett, Jr., in 1999; and, The “Best of the Best” Films from the
              African Diaspora, held in the IMAGINE Center, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, in
              March 2005.
              Ms. Turnipseed has received notable acclaim as Programming Director for PCTV
              Network television in Oakland, CA, where she delivered thousands of hours
              of award-winning original programming, by independent producers from around
              the world; and, as producer for their affiliate stations. Subsequently, she
              worked with the San Francisco-based Public Broadcast Services (PBS) affiliate
              KQED-TV, where she contributed to a wide variety of original programming
              concepts as a production assistant.
              Ms. Turnipseed was born and raised in San Francisco, California and travels
              frequently to Africa, the Caribbean, Mexico, South America and Europe. She
              holds a BS in Radio & Television from S.F. State University; a MS in
              Telecommunications Management and a MBA in International Management and Marketing
              from Golden Gate University, in San Francisco, California; and a Certificate of
              Completion in Web-Based Instructional Designs, from George Washington
              University in Washington, DC.

            • Tony s. Kalume
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
                Hi!
                I was very impressed on the variuos projects listed.
                I need some advise on promoting awareness on the supressed plight of Kenyan
                Freedom fighters who are still not accepted as National heroes To dedicate a
                documentary on the struggle with archived and drammatic presentation.
                So the next generation will never forget.
                Any ideas???