Re: VO: Amsterdam, Africa vine

  • zaikonik
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2004
      Thanks to Ken Dobler I am reoffering this wonderful vine to the
      group - please contact me with yr address and promise to pass it on
      > ______
      >
      > Amsterdam Africa Vine
      >
      > Amsterdam, Africa
      > (AfricanLiveMusic vine)
      >
      > Super Djata Band
      > Melkweg Amsterdam 18 December 1985
      > 01 - Zani Diabeté
      > 02 - Fadigna Kouma
      > 03 - Super Djata
      >
      > Super Biton de Ségou
      > Melkweg Amsterdam 1984
      > 04 - Didadi
      > 05 - Tiecama Culo
      > 06 - Bara Muso
      > 07 - Nienema Mine
      >
      > Baaba Maal
      > Melkweg Amsterdam, 7 September 1986
      > 08 - ?
      > 09 - ?
      >
      > Youssou N'Dour
      > Africa Feeling Festival,Amsterdam, 22 June 1985
      > 10 - Immigrés
      > 11 - ?
      >
      > Compiled vine disc containing several African artists performing in
      > Amsterdam. Two bands from Mali (Super Djata Band and Super Biton de
      > Ségou), as well as the two superstars from Senegal (Baaba Maal and
      > Youssou N'Dour). Venues and (incomplete) setlist below. All these
      > soundboard recordings were broadcasted (and webcasted) by VPRO
      radio in
      > the Netherlands.
    • famvede
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2015

        Hello All,

        Recently discovered Super Biton de Segou (Afro Jazz du Mali is a CLASSIC!!!), found quit some (related) audio at wrldsrv.blogspot.nl.

        Also a very good live track from a concert in 1986 in Amsterdam, so searching for more live from that era came to this group and message.

        There seem to have been going around in this group recordings from Super Biton in 1984 (also Amsterdam) and some more very interesting West-African groups and artists.

        I know this is a long time back, but if any from you have some of the above and would like to share, please let me know.

        I have gathered myself some other live and session recordings (Andy Kershaw, John Peel, Belgium and Dutch radio etc.), so exchanging is always possible.

        Thanks in advance!