London, UK: Limpopo Club @ Africa Centre July Events

  • African Music Web Ring
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2001
      http://www.africacentre.org.uk/index.htm

      July 6
      Limpopo Club
      MODOU DIOUF & BEUGE DJAMM

      Live and direct from Senegal. This is an awesome 11 piece Sabar
      Orchestra. Premier UK tour for these master drummers from this
      musically gifted country. Modou Diouf started playing drums at 10.
      The group performs with the full complement of 8 different Sabarrs
      accompanied by two dancers. The group is colourful, very exciting.

      Doors open at 10.00pm
      Admission £8/£7adv

      July 13
      Limpopo Club
      MAC TONTOH PROJECT

      Live and direct from Ghana, Mac is our guest again after a memorable
      concert last year in November. Mac Tontoh is a founding member of the
      legendary group OSIBISA. For those who remember Mac he was a very
      able Frontman & Trumpeter. Nothing has changed much except that most
      musicians play better with time. You just have to come & be part of
      this project.

      Doors open at 10.00pm
      Admission £8/£7 adv

      July 20
      Limpopo Club
      ALBERT NYATHI & IMBONGO

      Revisiting after a sucessful tour last year, this is praise poetry at
      its best. The band are so talented that they can change instruments
      through the entire performance. A lot of colour, movement &
      encouragement for audience participation.

      Doors open at 10.00pm
      Admission £8/£7adv

      July 27
      Limpopo Club
      KOKO KANYIDA & SOUKOUS KOUMBELE

      A firm favourite here at the Limpopo. Koko is one of the most
      consistent musicians and is well respected within the Congolese
      community. He is rated perhaps as one of the best percussionists from
      the Congo, playing alongside legendary names too numerous to mention.
      Founder member of Orchestra Mangelepa, co-ordinator of Congo
      Allstars.

      Doors open at 10.00pm
      Admission £8/£7adv
    • Cliff Grover
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2001
        >July 27
        >Limpopo Club
        >KOKO KANYIDA & SOUKOUS KOUMBELE
        >
        >A firm favourite here at the Limpopo. Koko is one of the most
        >consistent musicians and is well respected within the Congolese
        >community. He is rated perhaps as one of the best percussionists from
        >the Congo, playing alongside legendary names too numerous to mention.
        >Founder member of Orchestra Mangelepa, co-ordinator of Congo
        >Allstars.

        Saw these guys in Hemel Old Town Hall a month or two ago. A good night
        was had by all. No mention here of some stunning lead, rhythm and bass
        guitar work, but it's worth seeing!

        C U there
        --
        Best Regards