Re: [african_music] Re: CD by Bana OK

  • Morris Kanneh
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2004
      I don't know the name of the latest release but I do have a few of them including 30 minutes video recording of them. And in that video, Lutumba Samiro highlighted. However I will check my sources over the weekend and let you know. They are very good though, they seems to be former members of T.P. OK Jazz.

      Morris Sekou Kanneh

      recoba1799 <recoba1799@...> wrote:
      I love Bana Ok. I love their new songs, i always listen to them on
      RFI. Can anyone help me get their new CD?? will definitely
      appreciate it.
      By the way i'm a new member and i wanna say hye to everyone and
      congratulation to the moderator. Keep the party alive bros.

    • recoba1799
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2004
        I think the title of their latest release is something like "vula
        Ntulu". Anyway thankx man and don't forget to let me know.

        --- In african_music@yahoogroups.com, Morris Kanneh
        <morris_kanneh@y...> wrote:
        > I don't know the name of the latest release but I do have a few of
        them including 30 minutes video recording of them. And in that
        video, Lutumba Samiro highlighted. However I will check my sources
        over the weekend and let you know. They are very good though, they
        seems to be former members of T.P. OK Jazz.

        > Morris Sekou Kanneh
        >
        > recoba1799 <recoba1799@y...> wrote:
        > I love Bana Ok. I love their new songs, i always listen to them on
        > RFI. Can anyone help me get their new CD?? will definitely
        > appreciate it.
        > By the way i'm a new member and i wanna say hye to everyone and
        > congratulation to the moderator. Keep the party alive bros.

      • wackies
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2004
          Bana OK have released 2 new CDs at the same time:
          - Le Poète Simaro Massiya & Bana OK : "Procès"
          - Ndombe Opetum & Bana OK: "Bula Ntulu"
          The CDs are very nice! Real rumba odemba !
          Most singers and musicians are indeed former members of the greatest
          band ever, the Tout Puissant O.K. Jazz of Grand Maître Franco Luambo
          Makiadi(Simaro, Ndombe Opetum, Josky, Ya Makosso...).
          I can help you to get the CDs from Brussels, so you can contact me by
          email.

          Tikala malamu,

          Frank

          --- In african_music@yahoogroups.com, "recoba1799" <recoba1799@y...>

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2004
            You are just very right. You seem to have rich information on African Music in general.
            TP OK Jazz headed by the great profesor Franco Luambo Makiadi was the greatest band of the 60s to the late 80s.Even though there were other famous Congoles bands like the great Lapua Lapua, Sosoliso, Kamale, African Feista (Dr. Nico), Bela Bela and a host of other bands, but TP OK Jazz defended its name to the death of Franco. Though, Bana OK is doing very well just as the great Madilu System is keeping us reminded of TP OK jazz with his solo, but I do sincerely miss Franco. Also, there were two great singers in Lapua Lapua that have not been heard about in years, they are Kelola and Nzaya. Where are they folks?

            I am working on presenting occasional profiles on some major African bands on this site in not a distance future. I thoug that would be a fruitful and educational discusson amongst us African music lovers. Over all I do really enjoy been part of this listserv.

            Morris Sekou Kanneh

            wackies <wackies@...> wrote:

            Bana OK have released 2 new CDs at the same time:
            - Le Po�te Simaro Massiya & Bana OK : "Proc�s"
            - Ndombe Opetum & Bana OK: "Bula Ntulu"
            The CDs are very nice! Real rumba odemba !
            Most singers and musicians are indeed former members of the greatest
            band ever, the Tout Puissant O.K. Jazz of Grand Ma�tre Franco Luambo