From the Yahoo African Music Group

  • African Music Group Moderator
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004
      From the Yahoo African_Music Discussion Group

      or
      http://www.africanmusicgroup.com/

      Hi All

      We thought we'd tell you about some recent changes to the
      group.

      The first major change is that members can now post without
      moderator intervention. This means that the group should
      become more interactive.

      New members first posts will still require approval, but
      once they've posted a few times their posts will no longer
      need a moderator.

      As a reminder, to ensure all our members can read your
      posts, please send your posts in text (normal) format
      and not html. If you don't know how to send plain text
      have a look here: http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

      To start sending messages to members of this group, simply
      send email to: African_Music@yahoogroups.com

      Please remember to edit your replies to messages, removing
      help and advertisement text and keep quoting of the
      original message to a minimum.

      All on topic discussion about African Music is encouraged.
      Topics such as music questions, tours, community events,
      festivals, trade shows, recordings CDs, Videos are
      acceptable and welcome. If you are a DJ, Artist, Promoter or
      Performer we'd love to hear about you and your play lists,
      upcoming performances, workshops and gigs.

      Remember African_Music members come from all age groups, so
      please use appropriate language. This list has a worldwide
      reach, therefore, we have subscribers whose first language
      is not English. Please be considerate towards these members;
      they love African Music just like you!

      Some important addresses:

      Post a message to the list
      African_Music@yahoogroups.com

      Contact list owners/moderators
      African_Music-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Digest Format
      African_Music-digest@yahoogroups.com

      Return to single messages
      African_Music-normal@yahoogroups.com

      **Unsubscribe**
      African_Music-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Web Only/No Mail
      African_Music-NoMail@yahoogroups.com

      Use of caps in the above addresses is for ease of reading.
      You may use caps or lower case, the server software
      recognizes either.

      Thanks for being part of the African_Music Group! We look
      forward to your posts!

      Regards,

      Tony Tunde
      Moderator, African_Music