Song ID: Muyunga-Monsieur le Crocodile?

  • Mitch Monger
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2003
      Hi, I used to check a record out from a library many years
      ago. It had a song on it that went "Muyunga Muyunga Monsieur
      le Crocodile." It was a fantastic song with a very powerful
      and catchy beat. I can't remember what the record was called
      or where the music was from. I think it may have been from
      the Congo. I thought I remembered that the record was a
      Folkways record, but I haven't been able to track it down on
      http://www.folkways.si.edu/ I thought that the title of the
      song was "Muyunga-Monsieur le Crocodile" but it may have
      another title. The record cover looked like it was recorded
      in the 60s or 70s.

      I know this is a long shot, but I have to try.
      Thanks for your help.
      -Mitchel