INFO: Searching for Name of African Group

  • African Music Group Moderator <africanmu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
      Sorry to bother you all with such a trivial question, but I am
      looking for a song with a chorus that sounds like:
      dipi dipi de, aa-aa
      dipi dipi de, aa-aa
      dipi dipi dee-oo

      I heard it on the radio in 1994 and I think it was a west African
      singer/group. The singer was a female or a very high male voice.

      If you know the song, please answer here and I can end my 2-year
      search!

      Thanks, Mika from Finland

      [Message Forwarded]
    • NCT Frank Bessem
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
        Dear Mika,

        This sounds like the song "Dibi Dibi Rek" of Ismael Lo from Senegal. Not
        sure on which CD it can be found, but try "Iso" (1994) or "Jammu Africa"
        (1997). It is probably issued on cassette in Senegal earlier than on CD
        internationally.

        Best regards,

        Frank Bessem
        Musiques d'Afrique