JUNE/JULY AFRICAN EVENTS

  • africakabisa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2005
      See the calendar list at www.africakabisa.org for more info. You can
      search the calendar by day/week/month and also sort the Events list
      by concert/club event/etc. And be sure to tune into Africa Kabisa for
      ticket giveaways for these events!

      It looks like Africa Kabisa will be returning to Sundays 4-6pm as of
      June 19!! Our program schedule will be finalized this weekend and I
      will send out the official word. Also, if you miss a show, digital
      archive recordings are now available at www.wmbr.org.

      Soul Africa Nite at the Enormous Room, 567 Mass Ave, Central Square,
      Cambridge will be moving to Sunday nights 7-11pm as of June 12. I (DJ
      Julia) will be spinning there, so you can hear me Sundays live on the
      radio in the afternoon and at the Enormous Room in the evening.

      LIVE AFRICAN MUSIC
      6/10 -- SOLOMON MURUNGU (Zimbabwe) -- Amazing Things Art Center --
      Framingham
      6/11 -- OLIVER MTUKUDZI (Zimbabwe) -- Somerville Theatre
      6/11 -- DIVERSE VOICES OF ISLAM (featuring Boubacar Diabate and
      others) -- ICA Theatre -- Boston
      6/14 -- BAU & DUDU ARAUJO (Cape Verde) -- Sculler's Jazz Club
      6/24-26 -- HUGH MASEKELA (South Africa) -- Sculler's Jazz Club
      6/25 -- AFRICAN FESTIVAL -- Lowell
      7/7 -- RACHID TAHA (Algeria) -- Paradise -- Boston
      7/14 -- FEMI KUTI (Nigeria) -- Paradise -- Boston
      7/15 -- PAPA WEMBA (plus Emeline Michel and Daby Toure) -- Bastille
      Day Party -- French Library -- Boston. Contact French Library
      (www.frenchlib.org) or World Music (www.worldmusic.org) for tickets
      and more info.

      Africa Kabisa, WMBR 88.1 FM
      SUNDAYS 4-6PM (as of June 19)