Madagascar?

  • Jay Haase
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005

      Here is a message from Amy B:

      "I heard there was a large group of people leaving in November for Madagascar too. No French requirement. I have a friend serving there and she said they are expecting a BIG group (60-90) for teaching english and computer work."

      Thanks Amy!

      Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage
      Anais Nin (1903 - 1977).
    • Jeff Tuttle
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
        Misty and I looked and saw some possibility of Lesotho leaving in the middle of November as well, anyone else catch any of that?

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005
          Hi all,

          When I used the excell database on the other yahoo group, I came up
          with Lesotho. Mostly because of my job description, Teacher Trainer.
          The other positions leaving in the fall for non-french africa are
          actual teaching positions at the secondary level that I am not
          certified to teach (at least here in the US) because my experience
          and certification are in elementary ed. I emphasized to my recruiter
          that this is the type of position I would most prefer, He asked me to
          put in order of importance country, job and leave date. My choice was
          the job, then the region, last being the leave date.

          I have done research on Lesotho and Namibia and am excited about
          either possibility. Madagascar would be wonderful too. Only place in
          the world to see Lemurs in the wild!

          I wonder if it is possible we all will be in the same training group,
          but later sent to different countries rather than regions? Maybe a
          question for the other group?

          Daureen

          --- In africa14rs@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Tuttle" <jefftu@m...> wrote:
          > Misty and I looked and saw some possibility of Lesotho leaving in
          the
          > middle of November as well, anyone else catch any of that?
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Marge Haase
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005

            Jay, this sounds so exciting..I had to go and find where Madagascar is located....should we hope and pray for that place???

              Steph called.  Patti Kanengieter was in a very bad head on car accident in front of Al & Steph's house.  She was being air lifted to Sioux Falls.  The neighbor and Patti colided.  I don't know any more than that at this time.  Happened late this morning.    Mom

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2005

              Jay, this sound so exciting ...we had to look where Madagascar was....talk more later,  Mom

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
                I don't understand how Madagascar can be a non-french nomination...
                it's a french speaking country, although I'm sure there are plenty of
                areas where the local language is primary. Is it really possible for
                there to be french and non-french requirements for the same country?
                I've never heard of that. I would LOVE to go to madagascar (it's the
                huge island off the south east side of africa, for those who don't
                know) but am not letting myself get excited about this possibility
                just yet...

                --- In africa14rs@yahoogroups.com, "Daureen Clyde" <dkclyde1027@a...>
                wrote:
                > Hi all,
                >
                > When I used the excell database on the other yahoo group, I came up
                > with Lesotho. Mostly because of my job description, Teacher
                Trainer.
                > The other positions leaving in the fall for non-french africa are
                > actual teaching positions at the secondary level that I am not
                > certified to teach (at least here in the US) because my experience
                > and certification are in elementary ed. I emphasized to my
                recruiter
                > that this is the type of position I would most prefer, He asked me
                > put in order of importance country, job and leave date. My choice
                was
                > the job, then the region, last being the leave date.
                >
                > I have done research on Lesotho and Namibia and am excited about
                > either possibility. Madagascar would be wonderful too. Only place
                in
                > the world to see Lemurs in the wild!
                >
                > I wonder if it is possible we all will be in the same training
                group,
                > but later sent to different countries rather than regions? Maybe a
                > question for the other group?
                >
                > Daureen
                >
                > --- In africa14rs@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Tuttle" <jefftu@m...>
                wrote:
                > > Misty and I looked and saw some possibility of Lesotho leaving in
                > the
                > > middle of November as well, anyone else catch any of that?
                > >
                > > ________________________________

                subject=Unsubscribe>

                > > ________________________________
              • Jay Haase
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
                  Me too!  Madagascar would rock!

                  wrote:
                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > When I used the excell database on the other yahoo group, I came up
                  > with Lesotho. Mostly because of my job description, Teacher
                  Trainer.
                  > The other positions leaving in the fall for non-french africa are
                  > actual teaching positions at the secondary level that I am not
                  > certified to teach (at least here in the US) because my experience
                  > and certification are in elementary ed. I emphasized to my
                  recruiter
                  > that this is the type of position I would most prefer, He asked me
                  > put in order of importance country, job and leave date. My choice
                  was
                  > the job, then the region, last being the leave date.
                  >
                  > I have done research on Lesotho and Namibia and am excited about
                  > either possibility. Madagascar would be wonderful too. Only place
                  in
                  > the world to see Lemurs in the wild!
                  >
                  > I wonder if it is possible we all will be in the same training
                  group,
                  > but later sent to different countries rather than regions? Maybe a
                  > question for the other group?
                  >
                  > Daureen
                  >
                  > --- In africa14rs@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Tuttle" <jefftu@m...>
                  wrote:
                  > > Misty and I looked and saw some possibility of Lesotho leaving in
                  > the
                  > > middle of November as well, anyone else catch any of that?
                  > >
                  > > ________________________________

                  subject=Unsubscribe>

                  > > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

                • Kristin
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
                    Madagascar would be AMAZING! I'm with Liz, not letting myself get
                    too excited about the possibility though...but being the sucker that
                    I am for travel photos, here are some great ones:

                    http://www.malango.net/galeries/photos-villes-et-villages-madagascar-
                    0.htm

                    Have a great holiday all!
                    Kristin

                    Service.

                  • Kristin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
                      Looks like madagascar is out, :( from the peacecorps2 group:

                      "anyone else going to Madgascar? Staging starts Sept 25th. I am so
                      excited!!!!"

                    • Jay Haase
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 2, 2005
                        Bummer.

                        On Jul 2, 2005, at 11:37 AM, Kristin wrote:

                        Looks like madagascar is out, :( from the peacecorps2 group:

                        "anyone else going to Madgascar? Staging starts Sept 25th. I am so
                        excited!!!!"

                        --- In africa14rs@yahoogroups.com, "Kristin" <klschmid@m...> wrote:
                        > Madagascar would be AMAZING!  I'm with Liz, not letting myself get
                        > too excited about the possibility though...but being the sucker
                        that
                        > I am for travel photos, here are some great ones:
                        >
                        > http://www.malango.net/galeries/photos-villes-et-villages-
                        madagascar-
                        > 0.htm
                        >
                        > Have a great holiday all!
                        > Kristin
                        >

                        > --- In africa14rs@yahoogroups.com, Jay Haase <jayhaase@y...> wrote:
                        > > Me too!  Madagascar would rock!
                        > >

                        > > On Jul 2, 2005, at 6:02 AM, elizabethbrus wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > I don't understand how Madagascar can be a non-french
                        > nomination...
                        > > > it's a french speaking country, although I'm sure there are
                        > plenty of
                        > > > areas where the local language is primary. Is it really
                        possible
                        > for
                        > > > there to be french and non-french requirements for the same
                        > country?
                        > > > I've never heard of that. I would LOVE to go to madagascar
                        (it's
                        > the
                        > > > huge island off the south east side of africa, for those who
                        > don't
                        > > > know) but am not letting myself get excited about this
                        > possibility
                        > > > just yet...
                        > > >

                        > > > --- In africa14rs@yahoogroups.com, "Daureen Clyde"
                        > <dkclyde1027@a...>