Deep Roots Namibia scholarships From WALDO

  • Michael Cykowski
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27 12:09 AM
       I've attached a letter explaining an overview of Deep Roots, as well as a new scholarship application and a renewal form (in case any volunteers work at schools with current DRN scholars).  Everything should be fairly self-explanatory, but please feel free to contact me with questions.

      Thanks!

      Erin

      Hello,

      I am the interim Chair of the Deep Roots Namibia Committee, a position formerly held by Kim Breining.  Deep Roots provides scholarships to Namibia learners to attend seconary school, covering all school-related fees (hostel, exam, and school fees).

      Deep Roots is run by many returned Peace Corps volunteers, and some of our most successful learners have earned scholarships with the help of PCVs at their schools.  The background and mission of our organization is available online at www.deeproots.org.

      This year I would like to send a letter and applications to all Peace Corps volunteers in Namibia.  With your help, I hope to reach as many learners as possible and offer them the chance to apply for funding in 2007.

      Please reply and let me know if I can email this letter and application directly to you, or if I should contact someone else in an effort to reach the current Namibia PCVs.

      Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks for your attention to this request.

      Sincerely,

      Erin

      Erin Doonan
      Deep Roots Namibia Chair