Mystery fossil - KS Penn

  • Wendell Ricketts
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      Dear Friends --

      I'm hoping someone on the lists will be able to give me some clues about the
      identity of a fossil I found recently on a collecting trip to Kansas.

      The fossil and a description of the find can be seen at:
      http://www.lakeneosho.org/zWRicketts.html

      (The page & photo are up courtesy of Barry Sutton, by the way!)

      So far the best guesses are an annelid tube, which strikes me as possible,
      and a bradydont tooth, which strikes me as unlikely.

      But who knows!!!

      Please have a look and let me know if you've seen anything like it.

      Wendell Ricketts