HI! New Michigan collector!

  • Jenny Sneed/Valiant Stables
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2002
      Hi all!
      I am new to the list and new to fossil collecting! I collected rocks and
      minerals all thru my school years, but gave it up in pursuits of other
      interests. But, I moved to MI 5 years ago and recently have discovered that
      my backyrard is a treasure trove of ancient marine fossils. Mostly corals
      and small shells, and of course the MI state fossil the Petoskey Stone. I am
      so new to this that I don't even know what exactly I have nor do I know much
      about the prehistoric history of this region. Something interesting is that
      I am finding very light rocks that may be pieces of bone, but again I am not
      sure. I hope this list is active and you guys can help me out! I plan on
      photograghing some of my finds to show off, sometime in the future if anyone
      would like to help me ID them.
      Thanks for listening and it is a pleasure to be a member!
      Jenny Sneed
      valiant-one@...
      www.geocities.com/valiantstables/
      Quote of the week: "Witness! And Behold, men of the East! Learn from my act
      how Japan's greatest fighter faces death!" -Imai (12th century)