New

  • spunkyisat
    Message 1 of 363 , Jul 11, 2001
      Hi, I am a new member to this group. The reason I
      joined is that I have an interest in fossils. This
      summer I am starting to collect them. I am always
      looking for sites to go collecting. My collection is so
      far small and contains a couple pieces of ammonite, a
      brach and a couple other small shells. I suppose that
      this is mainly because of my limitations from work, I
      just do not seem to have the time. I am planning a
      short trip into the states this summer and would like
      to do some collecting down there. I know that there
      is a quarry that has ammonite shells, which were
      replaced by pyrite, but I do not know where it is. If
      anyone knows where this quarry is could they please let
      me know. Thank you and I look forward to joining in
      to the conversations and learning more about the
      fossils that we are all collecting.
    • sharkteeth53
      Message 363 of 363 , Sep 8, 2002
        --- In afossilclub@y..., myke49 wrote:
        > hi...i go to venice beach looking for shark teeth. i have found
        1,000's anyone else go there? would like to see what you
        found. e-mail me...beachbummm@w... mike

        new member just started collecting. i would like to find not just
        buy.
        any luck at venic beach?
        where is venic beach?
        any good books just on shark teeth?