Invert sites in Tampa, FL and nearby?

  • cis160teach
    Message 1 of 363 , Jun 3, 2001
      Dear Folks:<br><br>I'm going back to the Tampa
      Bay area in a month or so for my 25th h.s. reunion.
      Was hoping to get in some collecting while there - a
      site or two anyway.<br><br>Have done some online
      searching, but everyone seems to be in the thrall of
      vertebrates, which don't interest me much (except for shark
      teeth, which have to interest anyone just because
      they're such beautiful fossils).<br><br>Could someone
      direct me to some sites - or to someone who knows about
      invert sites? I've heard there are some good echinoderm
      localities, e.g., but have no details.<br><br>I'd be happy to
      exchange info about sites in KY/OH/IN/TN and CA.
    • sharkteeth53
      Message 363 of 363 , Sep 8, 2002
        --- In afossilclub@y..., myke49 wrote:
        > hi...i go to venice beach looking for shark teeth. i have found
        1,000's anyone else go there? would like to see what you
        found. e-mail me...beachbummm@w... mike

        new member just started collecting. i would like to find not just
        buy.
        any luck at venic beach?
        where is venic beach?
        any good books just on shark teeth?