hello

  • tony_mcdevitt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
      hi
      my name is tony from Ireland was to go out today fossil hunting but the
      weather is far to bad. i collect on the most part marine fossils but i
      do study anything that comes my way. I also read prehistory and
      medieval Irish history. i hope this site does not go the same way as a
      lot of sites dealing with fossils be coming extinct. i also like travel
      and sport footall and rugby
      tony
      p.s
      any one how would like to talk or looking for info on Ireland just drop
      a line to = tony.mcdevitt@...
    • WVFossils@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
        Welcome Tony,
        There are several fossil groups on Yahoo, some get more action
        than others. You may also try NEPALEO, as it gets more postings.
        The paleolist at www.Paleozoic.org is another good one. Here is
        also a link to Prehistoric West Virginia, it contains info about our
        fossil history, and also a link to our relationship to southern Ireland.
        The Ogam alphabet has been discovered in rock shelters in both WV
        and Kentucky. http://prehistoricplanet.com/wv/
        The site also contains info on other WV fossils and will be updated
        on a regular basis to reflect current projects or info on our fossil group,
        Prehistoric West Virginia.
        Good fossil collecting,
        Dave Phillips
        Sunset Fossils & Minerals,
        Morgantown, WV

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
            Tony,
            You say you have plant fossils that are replaced with pyrite? Can
            you post some pictures somewhere? Carbon films are the most
            common replacement. The white ferns with clay replacement from
            St. Clair, Pa. are some of the most picturesque. I even have a
            couple with barite replacement, but pyrite would be neat replacement.
            How is the definition?
            Dave

            • chani-kopnicky311@bigfatburgers.info
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3 3:27 AM