Re: [afgen] Hampshire family (Cape Town and Northern Rhodesia)

  • Anton Dil
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 20, 2008
      I've been to the old drift cemetery but not seen any Hampshires there. (I have photos of the gravestones I saw.) I'll have a look through my books some time soon.

      Anton

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 22, 2008
        I can't see anything in my books (apart from general information on the old drift), but these people seem to have a full list of burials there, if you can get access, or pay the fee

        http://www.sog.org.uk/index.shtml

        You might also try the great north road site, though it seems to be having some problems

        All the best,
        Anton

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 22, 2008
          Hi Anton,

          Thank you anyway for taking the time to look; I'll follow-up on your
          suggestions.

          Craig
        • Anton Dil
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 27, 2008
            Craig -

            Check out my infrequently updated blogspot here

            http://a-brickwall.blogspot.com/

            I've uploaded some of the Livingstone photos I have and I'll be adding more bits and pieces in days to come on the old drift

            Regards
            Anton
          • Anton Dil
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 24, 2008
              Hello Craig

              I read the old drifter book over the weekend - no Hampshires, sorry. I will post the names I did find somewhere one of these days soon

              I did find a photo of a shop in another book - might have been a butcher's shop, but whatever it was it didn't mention Hampshire. It may have previously been owned by Hampshire if your story is true. See my bloggy thing (more like an online notepad really). I'll add the names from the old drifter book there too, probably over the holidays

              Happy Christmas!

              http://a-brickwall.blogspot.com/2008/08/old-drift-livingstone.html