BIERMAN

  • Fulguirinas Sarah Ann
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2008
      I went to school at Brebner in Bloemfontein and the principal was Mr BIERMAN, his brother was Admiral BIERMAN and he was I think chief of Defence in the 1970s. I remember him coming to review the cadet corp.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Biermann
      Mr BIERMAN used to wear a cape whenever we had assembly and the assistant principal was very short, the nicknames were Batman and Robin.
      Sarah

      www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail
    • Pam Allman
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
        Dear Sarah
        Thanks for the information- as Admiral Bierman was my grandmother's
        brother, then so must the pricipal be- do you perhaps remember his
        first name?
        Thanks

        Pam
      • Fulguirinas Sarah Ann
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2008
          Dear Pam
          No I am sorry I do not. I looked up Brebner High Site and there is some information of him.
          http://www.brebnerhigh.co.za/main/Data/About_Us_-_History_1255.asp.
          It includes a picture. Perhaps if you contacted the school, they may be
          able to tell you more. He arrived 2 years after I started school, when
          I was 7. I just remember seeing him walk down from the back of the hall
          to take assembly, his black academic gown flapping and his very short
          assistant principal following, hence Batman and Robin. He was a good
          principal and it was during his era that the school moved into new
          buildings. I just missed that having moved to New Zealand with my Dad.

          Sarah Ann

          www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail