Egbert Henry HILL

  • pe3607
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      Hi Steve

      Thank you for allowing me to become a member of Afgen.

      I am trying to find links on Egbert Henry HILL, but all that I know
      is that he moved "North" - address unknown. This is what I have for
      the moment.

      Egbert Henry HILL joined up as a Trooper with the 9th SA Horse. On
      27th July 1916, the 9th SA Horse set sail from Durban for Mombasa to
      serve in German East Africa. Egbert contracted malaria and returned
      to South Africa and was declared "temporarily medically unfit" in
      Durban on 22 April 1917.

      Thereafter, Egbert leaves South Africa once more and is believed to
      have settled in 'Rhodesia' - this could be North or Southern Rhodesia.
      Destination is questionable.

      I'm not sure if Egbert was married by the time he left South Africa,
      or why he would have chosen Rhodesia to be his new home after
      suffering from malaria.

      Any suggestions how I can continue with this sparse lead?

      Best wishes
      Becky