Ernie GROWDON - Zambia

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24 11:10 PM
      GROWDON 1895-1995
      Researcher: Steve Hayes
      PO Box 7648, Pretoria, 0001 RSA
      hayesstw@...
      Growdon, Ernest Hilton - son of Richard Matthew Growdon and
      Harriett Ann Woods, who were married in East London, Cape
      Colony, in 1895, divorced Johannesburg, South Africa in 1918.
      Ernest is said to have lived in Zambia/ Northern Rhodesia at one
      time. Looking for any information about him or descendants.

      I recently found a message on a board for former residents of
      Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia) and one of them wrote this
      sentence in a message:

      "The only place I found Toongululu was on the road to Ernie
      Growden's farm, near Murundu." I'd love to hear from anyone who
      remembers him, his family, or his farm. He was my mother's first
      cousin
      Last updated: 25 July 2006

      --
      Keep well,

      Steve Hayes
      Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/famhist1.htm
      http://hayesgreene.blogspot.com
      E-mail: shayes@...
    • Anton Dil
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 26 8:12 AM
        I just wanted to share this wonderful resource with you all

        This is also an excellent portal

        Anton

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30 9:33 PM
          On 26 Jul 2006 at 16:12, Anton Dil wrote:

          > I just wanted to share this wonderful resource with you all
          >
          > http://www.nrzam.org.uk/NRJ/NRJIndex/NRJindex.htm

          Thanks very much for the link.

          It's just a pity that there is no way of contacting the webmaster or any of
          the contributors, either on that site, or on the "Great North Road" one.

          Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/
          http://invite.tribe.net/id/bcf21bb5-ec50-4c65-89f3-25882e8652a0
          Phone: 083-342-3563 or 012-333-6727
        • Anton Dil
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31 6:55 AM

            Scanned by me

            Anton

            Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.