This forum needs a moderator!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2013
      This forum needs a moderator!

      I'm calling for volunteers, or for nominations.

      If you think you could do the job, or know another member who could do the
      job, please give a brief introduction of yourself (or the person you are
      nominating) to tell us a little about them, their interest in the topic of
      the forum and so on.

      DUTIES OF THE MODERATOR

      * to approve new members
      * to check spam messages, and pass them or delete them
      * to see that messages remain on topic and remove or ban members who are rude
      or insulting to others, or who post spam

      It's not a very onerous job, but it is one that needs to be done.

      WHY DO WE NEED A MODERATOR?

      I have been owner/moderator of this forum since it started to be hosted by
      YahooGroups.

      I'm happy to continue doing that, but I'm going away for a while and it would
      be useful if someone could keep things going while I'm gone. New member
      requests, for example, expire after 14 dayds, and I'll be gone longer than
      that.

      Also, I'm getting old, and one day I'll pop my clogs, and it would be nice if
      discussions could continue after I've gone. The best way of ensuring that
      would be to hyave one or two additional moderators.

      So please volunteer, or persuade someone else to do so.

      If there are lots of nominations, we'll have a vote.

      Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
      Phone: 083-342-3563 or 012-333-6727
      Fax: 086-548-2525
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2013
        On 10 Apr 2013 at 8:50, Steve Hayes wrote:

        > This forum needs a moderator!

        Welcome to Wendy Landau, our new moderator!

        Wendy lives in Johannesburg, South Africa, has half a Master's in History,
        and has been doing genealogy for 6 years (I'm wondering about the other half
        of that Master's!).

        My wife and I are hoping to go to Namibia and Botswana next month, visitng
        relatives and doing some family history and other research, so it's good to
        know that someone will be looking after things while we are away -- not that
        this is a terribly busy forum, but you never know.

        --
        Keep well,
        Steve Hayes
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2013
          Well done on stepping up Wendy. I was going to volunteer, but you beat me to it :-)

          You can use me as a backup if need be, Steve. It's a while since I did this, but I think yahoo allows you to set multiple moderators. Enjoy your trip to Namibia! (Looks like an interesting place to visit.)

          Anton