Zambian birth certificates

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2012
      From: Andrew Rodger <rodgera@...>
      Date sent: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 18:23:31 +1000
      To: south-africa@...
      Subject: Re: [SOUTH-AFRICA] Birth Certificate in Rhodesia
      Send reply to: south-africa@...

      Try www.kindredtrails.com/zambia.html.

      As far as I can see, Zambia was not able to provide Birth
      Certificates for people born before 1973 when compulsory registration
      came in. I found a site of the Embassy in Sweden which provided only
      for obtaining documents for people born since then, not before, so I
      suppose that initially they didn't keep any records and it took that
      long after self-government to get a records system set up.

      On 14 Aug 2012, at 5:33 PM, Colin Liddell wrote:

      > I am helping a friend who was born in Livingstone, Rhodesia in 1956
      > who would like to obtain her birth certificate.
      > Can anyone suggest how she should go about it or where to apply?
      >
      > Fingers crossed!
      >
      > Colin in not so sunny Queensland

      Andrew Rodger
      rodgera@...

      Keep well,
      Steve Hayes
      Web: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com
      http://hayesfam.posterous.com/
      E-mail: shayes@...
    • Anton Dil
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2012
        Maybe try here

        Registrar General of Births, Deaths & Marriages
        P.O. Box 32311
        LUSAKA, ZAMBIA
        Tel: (260-1) 228197

        Probably the phone number should read 260 - 211 - 228197.

        There may be a similar office in Livingstone. Or try the high commission, e.g.

        Regards
        Anton