RE: [afgen] The African genealogy discussion forum

  • Graham Dominy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
      On behalf of the SA National Archives, I am interested in this group,
      but the Yahoo issue was a major problem for us and our IT administrators
      blocked it entirely.

      Dr. Graham Dominy

      National Archivist

      National Archives and Records Service of South Africa

      24 Hamilton Street

      Arcadia

      Private Bag X236

      Pretoria

      0001 South Africa

      Tel. +27 (0)12 323 5300

      Fax: +27 (0)12 324 2855

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
        On 7 Jul 2006 at 12:37, Graham Dominy wrote:

        > On behalf of the SA National Archives, I am interested in this group,
        > but the Yahoo issue was a major problem for us and our IT administrators
        > blocked it entirely.

        Unfortunately the Yahoo terms of service make it impossible for YahooGroups
        to be used for any serious academic or historical purpose, since it is clear
        that they can (and do) arbitrarily shut down services for any reason or no
        reason at all.

        --
        Dr Stephen Hayes
        Freelance writer, editor, missiologist and teacher