Charles John CUMING

  • Mary Baartman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2009

      Hi Listers,

      I am trying to find further information on my partner’s grandfather: Charles John CUMING (Born ?, Died c1953 TAB Ref 4316/53).

      He was married to Aletha Maria VENTER (Born: 1910, Died: 1999 in Johannesburg) – date / place of marriage not known, but could have been in Natal.

      Charles & Aletha had a daughter named Pamela Joan Endendijk (Born: 1939, Died: 1991 in Johannesburg)

      Pamela was married to Clifford Trevor Arderne-Jones and lived in Cape Town.  She divorced Clifford c. 1969.

      She then married “Living” Baartman a few years later.

      I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has any links to this family, or is able to find any information on this family.

      I’d be particularly interested in finding out who Charles Cuming and Aletha Venter’s parents were.

      Thank you,

      Mary

      (Berks., UK)