253Re: [afgen] Rootsweb mailing lists still down

    Jun 24 11:50 AM
      On 24 Jun 2014 at 8:40, 'Steve Hayes' hayesstw@telkom wrote:

      > On 16 June 2014 there was a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack on
      > Ancestry.com, which hosts the Rootsweb mailing lists.
      >
      > These mailing lists are still down after a week, and there's been no
      > information about when they will be working again. If anyone has some
      > information about it, please post it here.

      Today there was a Tweet on Twitter from Ancestry.com saying that Rootsweb.com
      was up and running again, but messagesl I sent to the mailing lists I'm
      subscribed to are still getting bounced, so it seems that the announcement
      was a little premature.

      Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
      Phone: 083-342-3563 or 012-333-6727
      Fax: 086-548-2525