AES Meeting March 4

  • Bill Schulenburg
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2013
      Hello!

      Please plan to attend the next Audio Engineering Society St. Louis Regional Section meeting: Monday, March 4, 2013, at C.J. Mugg's restaurant, 101 W. Lockwood, Webster Groves 63119. The downstairs private room is reserved for us, and we're going to continue our new meeting format:

      The official "business" meeting will come to order as close to 6:30 as possible, with a goal of finishing the voting members' obligations by shortly after 7, at which time we can all enjoy dinner, socializing, networking, and informal discussions without worrying about following an agenda and recording minutes. We found this streamlines the evening and makes it more fun for everyone. If you're a full voting member of AES please try to arrive at 6:30.

      At the March 4th meeting we'll finalize the 2013-2014 officers' elections that Paul Hennerich has been leading. As the evening progresses March 4th, we'll reorganize the committee responsibilities and start planning future events and activities with everyone who's interested in getting involved. Please consider volunteering for a committee to help keep our organization moving!

      The membership drive is almost over for the season. One more week! It's not too late to become eligible for the prize drawing by recruiting a new paid-up member or bringing an inactive one back to active status. Drive organizer Joe Blasingame will handle the drawing at the meeting and report on the results. We appreciate all the work he's done.

      The Webster University Student AES Section's annual "Central Region Student Summit" March 22nd, 23rd, and 24th is fast approaching, and student representatives will share the details with us. Make it a point to participate in this event–it's an exciting audio resource for our region, with quite a few of our professional members presenting. As always, we're looking for ways to make AES membership more valuable, and to continue growing into our mission of "promoting the growth, knowledge, and appreciation of the science and art of audio throughout the St. Louis region." Supporting educational events is one of the best means to do that.

      For more information about the Audio Engineering Society, visit www.aes.org. You don't have to be a member to sit in on our meeting, and students at any level are also encouraged to attend. Enjoy an evening of friendship and audio talk. Please pass the word.

      Stay connected to our section's activities:

      Our Yahoo! Group: aesstlouis

      Facebook Page: St. Louis Regional AES

      and our website www.aesstl.org.

      It’s always a great time, so join us. Business meeting for members at 6:30, Dinner and socializing for everyone at 7.
      We'll see you Monday evening March 4th at C.J. Mugg's!

      Bill Schulenburg

      Chairman, Audio Engineering Society St. Louis Regional Section