AES Meeting and Get-Together January 7

  • Bill Schulenburg
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2012
      Happy New Year!

      As the holidays draw to a close, it's time to get back to work, with a little fun for good measure!

      Please plan to attend the next Audio Engineering Society St. Louis Regional Section meeting: Monday, January 7, 2013, at C.J. Mugg's restaurant, 101 W. Lockwood, Webster Groves 63119. The downstairs private room is reserved for us, and we're going to try a new meeting format:

      The official "business" meeting will come to order as close to 6:30 as possible, with a goal of finishing the voting members' obligations by shortly after 7, at which time we can all enjoy dinner, socializing, networking, and informal discussions without worrying about following an agenda and recording minutes. Our last purely social meeting was a huge success and a lot of fun, so we want to try to institute the best of it at as many meetings as possible. If you're a full voting member of AES please try to arrive at 6:30.

      At the January 7th meeting we'll hear about our last great listening session at Blasingame Audio Production's North County facility, and discuss future issues and activities including possible new meeting locations along with making this change in meeting format permanent. The 2013-2014 officers' elections will also be held on January 7th, and Paul Hennerich is leading the elections committee. He should have information about the election and the candidates available very soon. If you're interested in filling any of the executive positions–Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, or Treasurer–please contact Paul as soon as possible. If you can't serve as an officer, please consider volunteering for a committee to help keep our organization moving forward.

      Thanks to all who are helping with our continuing membership drive. It's not too late to become eligible for the prize drawing by recruiting a new paid-up member or bringing an inactive one back to active status. Drive organizer Joe Blasingame has extended the membership campaign through the March meeting and we appreciate all the work he's done.

      For more information about the Audio Engineering Society, visit www.aes.org. You don't have to be a member to sit in on our meeting, and students at any level are also encouraged to attend. Enjoy an evening of friendship and audio talk. Please pass the word.

      Stay connected to our section's activities:

      Our Yahoo! Group: aesstlouis

      Facebook Page: St. Louis Regional AES

      and our website www.aesstl.org.

      It’s always a great time, so join us. Business meeting for members at 6:30, Dinner and socializing for everyone at 7.
      We'll see you Monday evening January 7th at C.J. Mugg's!

      Bill Schulenburg

      Chairman, Audio Engineering Society St. Louis Regional Section