June AES St. Louis Section 'Listening Session'

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      We will be hosting the next Listening Session on June 11th (Monday evening) @ Clayton Studio, 1126 S. Big Bend. By owners request, we are limited to 6 more Engineers to be involved. If you desire to be there, please contact me direct at 314.494.5637 (after the first 6 members, I will have to decline the offer)...sorry.

      Please review the protocol at this events, listed below:

      Semper Fidelity,
      Joe Blasingame, Vice-Chair

      St. Louis AES Listening Sessions

      Purpose Statement
      To further the development of interaction between audio professionals, hobbyists, and the general public. By providing an environment to promote high quality audio listening and the production behind such music, a better understanding can be achieved by all involved.

      Your Involvement
      We invite you to bring a track or two to the session for playback purposes. The format can be either a wav. file on a USB compact drive, an Alesis Masterlink 24 bit disc, or a standard CD or CDr. The hosting facility will make available an area for playback and a minimum of bottled water for visitors. We do expect everyone to stay within the areas reserved for our session.

      Guest Requirements
      Respect the format and adhere to the time limits permitted. Each presenter will be given a window of up to 10 minutes per round. This includes the playback of song and any information about the music you wish to share. You may open yourself for questions from the other members. Should you have used a special trick or technique and don't care to divulge it, that's fine! We will rotate through everyone wishing to present in rounds.

      Since this is a listening session, we do expect all parties involved to show the courtesy to listen to ALL people making a presentation and not talk or walk away. Lastly, we have suggested limiting these sessions to three hours or less, but this is at the discretion of the studio owner/operator.

      Hope To See And Hear Your Work!