AES Meeting January 9

  • Bill Schulenburg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2012

      Happy New Year!

      Take one last day today to celebrate your holidays and then make plans to attend the next AES St. Louis Regional Section meeting: Monday, January 9, 2011, at C.J. Mugg's restaurant, 101 W. Lockwood, Webster Groves 63119. The downstairs private room is reserved for us; socializing (dinner off the menu is available) begins at 6:30PM and our meeting comes to order at 7.

      This month's guest is Carl Nappa, the audio engineer behind Nelly's Ex'Treme Institute venture with Vatterott College. We've heard a lot about it over the last few months, and it's exciting that there's yet another institution in our region dedicated to a common mission statement. We'll be getting the full story from Carl himself, so come to the meeting and enjoy first-hand.

      November's meeting featuring Bob Heil was very well-attended and also a blast, with fun stories and sounds as Bob recounted his storied career and demonstrated his microphone technology. We appreciate Bob's support and his dedication to the Audio Industry.

      A special thank you to Dwayne Boyer of Webster's own audiophile shop "Music for Pleasure." The impressive December listening session he hosted was full of all manner of great high-fidelity music as we broke up into groups to listen to high-end audio components in several different showrooms. Quite a few of us had a difficult time ending the evening and getting out of Dwayne's hair. Treasurer Paul Hennerich helped arrange this latest in a series of "AESSTL Listening Sessions" begun by Vice-Chair Joe Blasingame.

      Speaking of Joe, he's on track to deliver the long-awaited AESSTL T-shirts at the meeting to those who ordered them. We appreciate everyone's support, and thanks for voting on the slogan!

      At the January 9th meeting there will also be lots of information on upcoming events including Webster University's AES Student Summit in March and much more, so please come out and participate. We hope to get a lot of people involved in all our activities as 2012 unfolds into a great one for our region, industry, and organization. My personal thanks to all the officers and members who work so diligently to bring this group to life.

      For more information about the Audio Engineering Society, visit www.aes.org. You don't have to be a member to sit in on our meeting, and students at any level are also encouraged to attend. This particular meeting offers a great opportunity to meet Ex'Treme Institute By Nelly's Carl Nappa and discuss the future of audio education. Please pass the word.

      There remain multiple ways to stay connected to our section's activities:

      Our Yahoo! Group: aesstlouis

      Facebook Page: St. Louis Regional AES

      and of course our website www.aesstl.org.

      Remember, it’s always a great time. Dinner and socializing at 6:30, meeting at 7 with Guest Carl Nappa. We'll see you Monday evening January 9th at C.J. Mugg's!

      Bill Schulenburg, Chairman
      Audio Engineering Society St. Louis Regional Section