Very Sad News: Bill Porter's Death

  • Barry Hufker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2010
      It is with a great deal of sadness and loss that I inform you of Bill Porter's
      death today (Wed. 7/7/10). I received the news at 10:30 pm this evening from
      John McClellan. No details of any kind are available as of yet. I'll pass them
      on when they are. Please spread the news to anyone I've missed (and that is
      many) who you think would be interested.

      Bill was a legend in music, a dear friend and colleague.

      Barry
    • Gary Gottlieb
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2010
        I heard about it from Jim Kaiser in Nashville last night, but was
        unable to confirm it. Sad news.

        Gary Gottlieb
        Associate Professor of Audio Production
        Faculty Adviser, Audio Engineering Society
        http://www.webster.edu/aes
        Author, Shaping Sound in the Studio and Beyond, Recording on the Go &
        How Does It Sound Now?
        Program Coordinator, Audio Production
        Webster University

        **Sent from my Dell POS, so I'm lucky you received it**