[Aegis] Encrypted baselines

  • Aryeh Friedman
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2010
      One annonying thing about being a consulting company now is every once
      and a while we get a client who specifically requests only one of the
      partner's works on their code so as to keep it as secret as
      possible... we have just that case now where we want to keep the
      baseline on the same machine as the rest of our baselines but need to
      encrypt it (this is a legal requirement of the client and not our idea
      ;-))... any advice on how to do this?
    • Peter Miller
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2010
        On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 12:02 -0400, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
        > One annonying thing about being a consulting company now is every once
        > and a while we get a client who specifically requests only one of the
        > partner's works on their code so as to keep it as secret as
        > possible... we have just that case now where we want to keep the
        > baseline on the same machine as the rest of our baselines but need to
        > encrypt it (this is a legal requirement of the client and not our idea
        > ;-))... any advice on how to do this?

        How much encryption? Does file history store have to be encrypted? Do
        "checkouts" have to be encrypted? Do backups have to be encrypted?

        Look into encfs, it has a bunch of useful properties, and don't forget
        to check into how FUSE allows access control of mount points.