Re: [Aegis]multiple independant projects

  • Russell Standish
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 2, 2003
      How I do this is include the dependent project's sources as a
      "read-only" inclusion in the dependee's repository. It may get out of
      date with respect to the dependent project's sources, but that doesn;t
      matter so long as it works. When it gets broken, you can update the
      copy in the dependee's repository. The downside is to resist the
      temptation to update the "read-only" files, and to check out a change
      on the actual source repository. So far this scheme has worked for
      me...

      Cheers

      Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

      > If I am working on a set of related but seperate libraries. For example
      > I want to write a unit test library that is used in a ADT library, BUT I want/need to keep
      > them as independant deliverables. What is the best way to do this? What I am doing right now
      > is each lib is a seperate project and I then export each new baseline using tardy and recursivally
      > call it's cookbook (I know this is bad in theory but I do not see how to make the divorce cleanly
      > otherwise) from each consumer of that lib.
      >
      > --Aryeh

      A/Prof Russell Standish Director
      High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967, 8308 3119 (mobile)
      UNSW SYDNEY 2052 Fax 9385 6965, 0425 253119 (")
      Australia R.Standish@...
      Room 2075, Red Centre http://parallel.hpc.unsw.edu.au/rks
      International prefix +612, Interstate prefix 02