Final North American Tour

  • ashworthowen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2010
      You may have already heard that I've decided to end Casiotone for the Painfully Alone. I'd just like to clarify that this doesn't mean that I'm quitting music. I love writing & recording songs, & I hope to make lots more records in my lifetime. But, after nearly thirteen years of being the dude from Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, I'm ready for a fresh start & a new challenge. So, after December 5, 2010 (the thirteen year anniversary of my first show), I'm throwing out the old songs & I'm trying something new. I'll have more news about new projects & plans in the coming months.

      Between now & December 5, I'm going to try to play as many Casiotone for the Painfully Alone shows as I can. In September & October, I'll be touring the United States & Canada with some good friends from Melbourne, Australia. They're called Otouto & they are so great. Those tour dates are below. Later in October & on into November, I'll be touring Europe & the United Kingdom. That tour is still being booked, but I should have the dates ready to share in a couple of weeks. I'm coming home for Thanksgiving, & then I'm going to try to do something extra special for the big thirteen year anniversary grand finale. I'm not exactly sure what it'll be yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out.

      I imagine I'll be repeating this sentiment a lot between now & December, but thank you so, so much to everyone who has been so supportive of Casiotone for the Painfully Alone over the past thirteen years. I never would have started playing shows or making records without the encouragement of some great friends, & it's blowing my ever-loving mind how many more friends I've made through music over the years. Seriously, thank you.

      CASIOTONE FOR THE PAINFULLY ALONE
      1ST ANNUAL FINAL NORTH AMERICAN TOUR
      (Just kidding. It's really actually the last one.)

      9/8 Chicago, IL @ Subterranean *
      9/9 Iowa City @ PS1 *
      9/10 Omaha, NE @ The Bourbon Theatre *
      9/11 Denver, CO @ Hi-Dive *