Re: My website

  • dhyanasaraswati
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2007
      Welcome back Shastriji !

      i am glad you posted your web site address in this group . i am
      delighted to note that you do have an English Translation of Adi
      Shankara Bhagvadapada's Prabodha Sudakara - have been searching for
      an English translation of this text for quite sometime now! Lord
      Krishna has answered my prayers!

      Regards

      In advaitin@yahoogroups.com, "S.N. Sastri" <sn.sastri@...> wrote:

      > I wish to invite the attention of members of this group to my website
      > http://www.geocities.com/snsastri
      > There are a number of articles on Advaita and English translation of
      some
      > Sanskri works including Satasloki of Sri Sankara. .The latest
      addition is
      > chapter 1 of sanatsujAtIyam from mahAbhArata.
      > S.N.Sastri

    • kuntimaddi sadananda
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2007
        Shastriji - SashTanga PraNAms.

        It is very nice to hear from you again. Please do
        contribute to the advaitin list any time you can.

        Saw the website - It is wonderful. Would take some
        time to study and assimilate the contents. Your
        contribution for the study of advaita is memorable.

        Hari Om!
        Sadananda

        --- "S.N. Sastri" <sn.sastri@...> wrote:

        > I wish to invite the attention of members of this
        > group to my website
        > http://www.geocities.com/snsastri
        > There are a number of articles on Advaita and
        > English translation of some
        > Sanskri works including Satasloki of Sri Sankara.
        > .The latest addition is
        > chapter 1 of sanatsujAtIyam from mahAbhArata.
        > S.N.Sastri

        > removed]

      • V. Krishnamurthy
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4, 2007
          Namaste, Sastriji

          Thank you for drawing our attention to your latest additions to your
          valuable website on advaita. The latest addition, on Sanatsujatiyam,
          will be particularly very useful to youngsters and new entrants to
          advaita. Very often there is a question on the advaitin list as to how
          one should start on the advaitic ascent. Sanatsujatiyam is perhaps the
          right start -- even before the prakarana works of Shri Shankara.

          In fact we have been missing your posts for quite some time. I hope you
          will now resume your active participation on the list.

          PraNAms to all advaitins.
          profvk
        • V. Krishnamurthy

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 4, 2007
              --- In advaitin@yahoogroups.com, "S.N. Sastri" <sn.sastri@...> wrote:

              > I wish to invite the attention of members of this group to my website
              > http://www.geocities.com/snsastri
              > There are a number of articles on Advaita and English translation of some
              > Sanskri works including Satasloki of Sri Sankara. .The latest addition is
              > chapter 1 of sanatsujAtIyam from mahAbhArata.
              > S.N.Sastri

              Namaskaram Sri Sastriji,

              I saw your explanation of Ishvara which is a repeated uncertainty for me.

              The jiva is Brahman with limiting adjuncts of mind and body, of finite knowledge. In the
              presence of these adjuncts due to nescience, the Self "experiences" (is replaced by)
              individuality, and distinguishes from the universe, thinks and acts.

              Ishvara is said to be Brahman with limiting adjuncts of infinite knowledge. Is this affirming
              Person aspect to Ishvara: with a Mind and a sense of Individuality, a thinking Being, who
              knows and controls all?

              Brahman seen with limiting adjuncts of Sun will not be attributed individuality in the
              human sense: no mind or sense of identity; quite jada/insentient. Yet Brahman is still the
              substratum non-dual Truth and the appearances are superimpositions, due to ignorance:
              therefore, we deify the Sun and say He shines, blesses, and so forth. But in maayaa's
              context, no business of thinking of the sun as alive; the limitations are different.

              Are we deifying the action-reaction universe and saying that He wills, He is everywhere,
              and so on? Or is the deification of Brahman as Ishvara justified in a sense parallel to why
              we consider ourselves as alive, individual, etc?

              Your quotations give the latter idea to our mind. However I have discussed this before and
              not come to such a picture. It is useful to make utmost effort to directly clarify these
              points. Thank you.

              thollmelukaalkizhu
            • R.S.MANI
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 4, 2007
                Respected Shastriji,
                Hari Om
                May I also add my affectionate appreciation for introducing us to your excellent web site, full of information for a student of vedanta, particularly Advaita. I will go through it in detail with great interest and I just join others of the Group to convey my sincere thanks to you.
                With warm regards
                Mani

                R. S. Mani

              • S.N. Sastri
                Message 7 of 9 , May 22 11:58 PM
                  Dear advaitins,
                  I had posted a large number of articles, stotras with English translation and my translations of Hastamalakiyam, satasloki and Siddhantabindu on my yahoo geocities website. That website was closed down by Yahoo a few years ago. I now find that all that I had posted on that website are now available at

                  I request the members to have a look at this website.
                  Regards to all,
                  S.N.Sastri