Red card

  • advaitins
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2007
      It is the majority view of the moderators that member Tony Cleary be
      awarded a red card.

      Although being a member for many years, his posts continue to repeat
      the same misguided ideas that serve only to confuse those less
      experienced members who might take his seniority for knowledge and to
      upset some of the more devout members. His views are submitted in
      terse format without substantiating references from the scriptures
      despite repeated requests that such supporting statements be provided.
      These views do not seem to have altered despite numerous attempts by
      various members to correct them over the years. Whilst members are
      obviously entitled to hold whatever views they wish, it is not
      acceptable to express them under the guise of Advaita as expounded by
      Shankara, this being contrary to the guidelines of the group.

      Tony will remain a member of the group if he so wishes but posting
      privileges will be withdrawn for a 1-year period.

      Moderators
    • Ramesh Krishnamurthy
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 26, 2007
        Namaste,

        I am posting to the group after a long time, though I have been
        reading the posts off and on.

        While I am no one to challenge the moderators on this count, I feel
        this punishment is a trifle too harsh. The problem, in my
        understanding, is merely that Sri Tony O'Cleary uses non-standard
        terminology, which might confuse some members.

        Ramesh

        On 26/04/07, advaitins <advaitins@...> wrote:

        > It is the majority view of the moderators that member Tony Cleary be
        > awarded a red card.
        >
        > Although being a member for many years, his posts continue to repeat
        > the same misguided ideas that serve only to confuse those less
        > experienced members who might take his seniority for knowledge and to
        > upset some of the more devout members. His views are submitted in
        > terse format without substantiating references from the scriptures
        > despite repeated requests that such supporting statements be provided.
        > These views do not seem to have altered despite numerous attempts by
        > various members to correct them over the years. Whilst members are
        > obviously entitled to hold whatever views they wish, it is not
        > acceptable to express them under the guise of Advaita as expounded by
        > Shankara, this being contrary to the guidelines of the group.
        >
        > Tony will remain a member of the group if he so wishes but posting
        > privileges will be withdrawn for a 1-year period.
        >
        > Moderators

      • advaitins
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 26, 2007
          --- In advaitin@yahoogroups.com, "Ramesh Krishnamurthy" <rkmurthy@...>
          wrote:

          > Namaste,
          >
          > I am posting to the group after a long time, though I have been
          > reading the posts off and on.
          >
          > While I am no one to challenge the moderators on this count, I feel
          > this punishment is a trifle too harsh. The problem, in my
          > understanding, is merely that Sri Tony O'Cleary uses non-standard
          > terminology, which might confuse some members.

          Thanks for your message. It has been pointed out that this is,
          however, itself a violation of the guidelines:

          6. Announcements by the moderators of policy decisions must not be
          discussed on the list – strong views should be notified direct to the
          moderators.

          Would members please not discuss this subject further on the list.

          Moderators
        • Hari Ramakrishnan
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 26, 2007
            Only to the eyes of moderators,