Re: [adoptionforamericansabroad] fingerprints

  • Teresa Robertson
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1, 2002

      Shelley

      We were charged $50 for the first set of cards. If you get a second set you will be charged another $50. So it will be $100 for 4 cards.

      Teresa

    • psychiatristadhd
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 29, 2002
        For those of you abroad where did you get your fingerprints taken for
        INS?
      • Inge Hanson
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 1, 2002
          I had my prints taken at the US Embassy in London which is where I filed my I600A.

          If you get your prints taken, I recommend having several sets taken as I later needed prints to obtain my child abuse clearance from New York State.  I did not have an extra set and it took me awhile to find someone who would take them as the local police would not, initially saying it was not within their mandate.  Finally, an officer took pity on me and did them for free, but it was a frustrating experience.

          Inge Hanson
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 1, 2002
            At 4:53 AM +0000 9/30/02, psychiatristadhd wrote:
            >For those of you abroad where did you get your fingerprints taken for
            >INS?

            At the embassy (Tokyo). Some consulates do it, but not all and they
            will not accept fingerprints taken by somebody else.

            Good luck,
            Elin
            --
            Elin Melchior ****** Komaki English Teaching Center