RE: [adoptionforamericansabroad] London adoptive family group

  • James McQuen Patterson
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 31, 2006
      You could try the Overseas Adoption Support Group (OASIS).

      happy new year!

      -james
      PAP

    • rhicel1
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 31, 2006
        --- In adoptionforamericansabroad@yahoogroups.com, "Lauren"
        <laurenewemail@...> wrote:

        > I was just wondering if there are any organized groups of adoptive
        > families in London -- the participants need not be Americans.
        > I am just looking for other families like my own. I have two
        daughters
        > Sally (6) from Kazakhstan and Joli (5) from China.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Lauren

        Hi Lauren

        There are very few families with children from Kazakhstan in the UK,
        mine being one of them. I'd be happy to meet you if you like.
        There are various groups around the country for children from China.
        If you join CACH (www.cach.org.uk) you can attend their regular
        meetings and make contacts yourself among its members.
        I will tell you that the adoption community in the UK is VERY hostile
        towards those of us who have adopted via the American system. There
        is an intense jealousy here among many people because the UK system
        is so difficult. I hope you find families who will be more welcoming
        that those I have encountered.
        I also have 2 older Chinese daughters so am similar to your
        situation. Let me know privately if you'd be interested in meeting us
        some time.
        Best wishes and Happy New Year.
        Maria
      • margo@wmhouse.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2007
          Hello,

          My family is currently living in the UK and we have recently received a PA
          for our daughter who is in Fujian province, China. I want to send a care
          package to her before we travel and would appreciate any information from
          those of you who have done this either with help or by yourselves. I am also
          looking for the contact numbers for the Hawaii BCIS and the Certificate of
          Citizenship office, along with any further thoughts on where to stay while
          getting the paperwork done. We don't anticipate being able to travel until
          at least March or April at the earliest.

          Thanks!
          Margo
        • Christine Hundertpfund
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2007
            Lauren,
            My husband and I live near Greenwhich.  We have not adopted yet but are finishing our homestudy with Lewisham and are planning on going to Ukraine.  We ALMOST went to Kazakhstan but as we are a mixed nationality couple found it to be ill advised.  If you do find out about any groups I would love to know!
            Christine

          • dfavorito@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 3, 2007
              <I want to send a care package to her before we travel and would appreciate any information from
              those of you who have done this either with help or by yourselves.>

              Hello Margo,

              I used and can recommend Blessed Kids (http://www.blessedkids.com/care_packages/care_packages.htm).

              Regards,

              Donna
              Rome, Italy
              dd Gabriella, b Apr. 1, '05, a Jun. 12, '06, Xiangtan Children's Welfare Institute, Hunan province

            • Elisabeth Selk
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 3, 2007

                Lauren and Christine,

                We live in Central London, and we are in the process of completing our home study for the Vietnam programme. Still a way to go! I am not aware of any existing group, but I would love to share any news!

                Elisabeth

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 5, 2007
                  --- In adoptionforamericansabroad@yahoogroups.com, "James McQuen
                  Patterson" <jmcqup@...> wrote:

                  > You could try the Overseas Adoption Support Group (OASIS).
                  >
                  > http://www.adoptionoverseas.org/
                  >
                  > happy new year!
                  >
                  > -james
                  > PAP
                  >
                  > _____

                  I wouldn't waste my time, if you are adopting via the American system
                  you will be viewed as a criminal by OASIS members.
                  Trust me,

                  Maria
                • danawcole
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 20, 2007
                    Hi Lauren,
                    I too have been looking for an adoptive group here in London but have
                    had no luck finding one. If you are interested we could always start
                    one. We have a son, Kaneu(2) from Korea and are just starting the
                    adoption process for baby #2 from Vietnam. Feel free to email me
                    privately danawcole@...

                    thanks,
                    dana

                    <laurenewemail@...> wrote:

                    > I was just wondering if there are any organized groups of adoptive
                    > families in London -- the participants need not be Americans.
                    > I am just looking for other families like my own. I have two
                    daughters
                    > Sally (6) from Kazakhstan and Joli (5) from China.
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    > Lauren

                  • Lauren
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 21, 2007
                      I would LOVE that! I am actually heading back to TX in a about a
                      week, but maybe moving back to London (or other parts of the UK) over
                      the summer. I would Love to start an adoption group -- where people
                      get together. Our children could all play together.

                      Best wishes,
                      Lauren

                      --- In adoptionforamericansabroad@yahoogroups.com, "danawcole"
                      <danawcole@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Lauren,
                      > I too have been looking for an adoptive group here in London but
                      have
                      > had no luck finding one. If you are interested we could always
                      start
                      > one. We have a son, Kaneu(2) from Korea and are just starting the
                      > adoption process for baby #2 from Vietnam. Feel free to email me
                      > privately danawcole@...
                      >
                      > thanks,
                      > dana
                      >
                      > --- In adoptionforamericansabroad@yahoogroups.com, "Lauren"
                      > <laurenewemail@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I was just wondering if there are any organized groups of
                      adoptive
                      > > families in London -- the participants need not be Americans.
                      > > I am just looking for other families like my own. I have two
                      > daughters
                      > > Sally (6) from Kazakhstan and Joli (5) from China.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks
                      > > Lauren

                    • Elisabeth Selk
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 28, 2007

                        We have just finished the home study, so a  bit of a way to go, but I would certainly be interested in participating in a group in London .

                        We are based in central London .

                        Thank you for keeping me posted,

                        Elisabeth

                        <danawcole@. ..> wrote:

                        > Hi Lauren,
                        > I too have been looking for an adoptive group here in
                        w:st="on">London but
                        have
                        > had no luck finding one. If you are interested we could always
                        start
                        > one. We have a son, Kaneu(2) from Korea
                        and are just starting the
                        > adoption process for baby #2 from
                        w:st="on">Vietnam . Feel free to email me
                        > privately danawcole@.. .
                        >
                        > thanks,
                        > dana
                        >
                        > --- In adoptionforamerican sabroad@yahoogro ups.com,
                        "Lauren"
                        > <laurenewemail@ > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I was just wondering if there are any organized groups of
                        adoptive
                        > > families in London
                        -- the participants need not be Americans.
                        > > I am just looking for other families like my own. I have two
                        > daughters
                        > > Sally (6) from Kazakhstan
                        and Joli (5) from China .