Update from another fosterer - PLEASE READ!

  • adopt_koli
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2007
      I was ill and needed some rest; Koli needed some more socialization so
      she stayed with the other fosterer for the past week and a half.

      He just sent me some more updates.

      "Koli headed for Lansing on May 26. We were intending to introduce
      her to lots of people at the pet food stores. Koli is such a dandy
      little girl, everyone liked her and she was so gentle with everyone.
      The part she liked so much was meeting everyone else's dogs. She is
      so used to meeting dogs now that she asks them if they want to play.
      A few months ago Koli would just expect that other dogs wanted to
      wrestle with her and go at them with lots of energy. Some dogs would
      tell her that she was rude. All she needed was time with a patient
      dog to learn better etiquette.

      We didn't get to as many stores as we had intended on Saturday. While
      passing East Lansing we saw lots of people with kids and some with
      dogs too. It was Odyssey of the Mind day. Koli met so many people
      and little kids. Some of the kids ran up to Koli excitedly asking if
      she is a "snow dog". Koli was glad to be so famous even if she wasn't
      an actor. It sure was nice seeing how grandly she handled the public
      relations. She did as well as the most skilled professionals.

      Koli would have liked to run and play with the dogs she met but she
      settled for that bit of folly that a dog on leash may have. Koli did
      her best begging but she only got little bits of the treats some of
      the people were eating. Everyone who gave her treats was impressed at
      how exceedingly gently she accepted the tidbit. This little girl
      walked the MSU campus for more than 2 hours. From start to finish,
      Koli made us proud.

      Koli has been in foster care a long time. If any of you have walked
      through an animal shelter you know that their are lots of pets that
      need help. Animal shelters can not keep animals forever. Rescues can
      only help those pets for whom there is space. Koli needs a home of
      her own so some other dog can be helped.

      Koli is a very nice companion and play mate. (Of course, when
      children are around her, an adult ought to be supervising. Even as
      children sometimes play too roughly, so too may Koli get caught up in
      the excitement. That said, she would feel genuinely bad if she hurt a
      person). She is a settled little girl and on walks only pulls
      moderately once in a while. Koli is a very good looking kid and is
      usually quiet. She has many endearing ways about her. She is a
      worthwhile dog to get to know."