Adobe and Taxes

  • Tim Welty
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2011
      I'm sure this has been discussed before. It is a concern for any earthen build owner or strawbale owner.

      Property Taxes!!!

      Here, a loyal minion assayer will measure the outside of the building and using his "special" formula determine what the taxes are based on the square footage the loyal minion has measured from the outside.
      With walls anywhere from 10" to 24" thick this can result in paying a lot of tax money for walls.

      What is the experience of other areas of the US / world concerning taxes?
      tim
    • Claude Hayward

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2011
          Same thing happens with strawbale 18 inch thick walls. The compromise
          I have heard that some have convinced the minions to use is to treat
          the walls as if they were the typical (these days) 2x6 framing and
          use the 'outside' area as 6" from the inside wall measurements to
          base their magic formulas on.

          Rick