Adobe Opportunity in India

  • Quentin87539
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2002
      Quentin Wilson
      Carpentry/Adobe Construction
      Northern New Mexico Community College

      Dear Quentin Wilson:

      I've contacted you in regard to a special construction project that
      will begin this year, in Sidhpur, Dharamsala, Northern India situated
      in the Himalayan foothills.

      Our project, conditions and circumstances are unique. Traditional mud
      buildings exist in this region of India, but our intention and goal is
      to build creatively with long-term results withstanding time, seasonal
      monsoons and probable seismic activity.

      Our foundation, Thosamling Institute, will be a nunnery and retreat
      center for western Tibetan Buddhist nuns and lay women. Our two-year
      goal is to construct a temple, combination library/office/classrooms,
      living quarters for 40 nuns and several individu
      al retreat houses.

      We hope to interest a highly creative and seasoned professional who is
      intrigued and motivated to view this as an opportunity of a lifetime
      offering challenge, adventure, beauty and good will. Also, being with
      the Carpentry/Adobe Construction Department,
      Northern New Mexico Community College, you may have referrals or
      suggestions for visiting with a small group of advanced students, we
      welcome your ideas as well.

      Our organization can offer accommodations to include housing and
      meals. If you wish to know more about us or ask any questions please
      feel free to contact me via eMail, my name is Lobsang Drolma,
      lobsangdrolma@... or you can look at our web site htt
      p://home.hetnet.nl/~samaya_tara/

      We hope you will find some interest in our project and look forward to
      any future communications.

      Thank you for your time and consideration,

      Lobsang Drolma
      Thosamling Institute
    • ronald rael
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2002