Re: [adie_syndrome] New member

  • Sokenunese Myles
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2002

      Welcome Sam,

      I also have Adie's syndrome, but never had the chance to use the piocarpine drops. What are those like?

      -Nese

       milkbottlesam wrote:

      I'm a middle-aged woman living in the English Midlands, recently
      diagnosed with Adie's pupil, using piocarpine drops to control it and
      wearing photochromic glasses. I'm finding the whole thing a bit
      depressing so I thought I'd try a support group. Anyone else find
      these drops a mixed blessing?
      Sam

      Kwick Pick Portable Lock Pick - Opens Almost Any Lock!
      Locked out? Try the Kwick Pick. For $17.95, you can open car doors,
      desk drawers, padlocks, and much more! Never get locked out again!
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/O2sPyA/p6kEAA/MVfIAA/VzSolB/TM

      -Sokenunese
      adzaa_nez26@...

      Do You Yahoo!?

    • Sam
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31, 2002
        Thanks, Katie......

        My optician said, stop fussing, it's common, but I suspect he was
        blustering because he didn't really know......
        the eye consultant said, don't worry, the drops will help....
        The neurologist said, don't bother with the drops just get dark
        glasses, and he also said, wow this really interesting because it's so
        unusual, can you come and be a test case for medical students!
        None of the professionals I have seen were alarmed, which seems
        reasonable enough since it's not apparently serious, but none of them
        appreciated the difference it has made not only to my vision, but my
        self-image. Perhaps I'm just a worrier.....
        Sam
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 25, 2002
          Hi!
          I'm a new member to this group.

          I'm a 37 yrs male from Sweden that recently have been diagnosed Adie's
          syndrome. I'm waiting for a MRI to exclude any other reason to my
          annoying pupil.

          I have been scanning this group and discovered some similarities to my
          symptoms like sweating. My doctor did not point that out for me but
          when I read your contributions to this group I could clearly see there
          was a connection, I have been sweating more than I used to. The
          sweating started before my pupil enlargement (about 2 yrs).
          I have not noticed that some limb e.g. one arm would be free from sweat.

          Best regards
          Magnus Brynhagen

          PS.
          I have by the way added a link in the link section