hello

  • neilandrea2002
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hello,

      Diagnosed with adies 3 weeks ago, my vision had been poor in my
      right eye for awhile then noticed my pupil was very big, saw eye
      casualty doctor who informed me I had adies but not to worry as it
      would go away, has anyone else been told this. At the moment I feel
      very depressed, I am suffering with bad head and neck pain, by lunch
      time I need to lie down and rest my eyes and come 9 o'clock I'm
      ready for bed. This condition is awful and I am finding it really
      hard to cope, I have 5 children to look after and it's hard at the
      best of times. It's great to find this support group.
    • jm44dog@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 7, 2004
        Hi:

        As I have said before in my little essays to this group, I have found Pilocarpine eye drops to be very, very useful in restoring almost normal vision to my Adie's eye, conditionally.   You must be willing to experiment to see how many drops a day you need, what dosage you need--don't give up--it's the best solution for us out there.  Well, it is at least for me.  It just takes some getting used to, at first.

        Before becoming aware of this group, I had only met 2 people in 17 years who have Adie's pupil--one was my mother, the other a girl I worked with.   My mother never experienced the difficulties with her vision that I have, but she also did not have astigmatism  coupled with nearsightedness in both eyes, which I do--and I don't know if that matters or not as to degree of severity. My mother did say over the years that she thought her eye recovered.  I have seen no resolution of this condition nor has my friend from work.  I no longer expect to have my normal vision back, and really have moved on.  Putting eye drops in several time a day seems a small price to pay to have, for several hours at a time, the ability to go outside on the brightest day(with sunglasses), the ability to read up close without having to take off my glasses--it really become second nature.

        I urge you to talk to your doctor again or find another doctor--ask about Pilocarpine drops--they may help you.    Good luck to youo and if there's any other questions I can help with, please feel free to ask away.

        jm44dog
      • Trisha Marie
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 7, 2004
          Good advice TD. I never dwell on my and I seem to get along just fine and I have no trouble night driving...Heck I'm a Bus Driver.
          Good Luck!

          Trish.

          TD Painters <tdpaint@...> wrote:
          Hi,
                Dont wory too much it will ease up in its own good time. As for going
          away it will never happen, you should read up on the probable causes of
          Aidies to understand why. As time goes by your brain will adjust to the
          extra light that you recieve and although you will still notice it, it wont
          rule your life, were all in the same boat but the best way to deal with it
          is don't dwell on it like some and just get on with life. Try wearing
          sunnies more and don't drive at night for a while, it took about 2 years for
          mine to mellow out but now i only notice it when I think about or use the
          computer too long..
          Troy
          > Diagnosed with adies 3 weeks ago, my vision had been poor in my
          > right eye for awhile then noticed my pupil was very big, saw eye
          > casualty doctor who informed me I had adies but not to worry as it
          > would go away, has anyone else been told this. At the moment I feel
          > very depressed, I am suffering with bad head and neck pain, by lunch
          > time I need to lie down and rest my eyes and come 9 o'clock I'm
          > ready for bed. This condition is awful and I am finding it really
          > hard to cope, I have 5 children to look after and it's hard at the
          > best of times. It's great to find this support group.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Do you Yahoo!?
          The all-new My Yahoo! � Get yours free!

        • TD Painters
            > Diagnosed with adies 3 weeks ago, my vision had been poor in my
            > right eye for awhile then noticed my pupil was very big, saw eye
            > casualty doctor who informed me I had adies but not to worry as it
            > would go away, has anyone else been told this. At the moment I feel
            > very depressed, I am suffering with bad head and neck pain, by lunch
            > time I need to lie down and rest my eyes and come 9 o'clock I'm
            > ready for bed. This condition is awful and I am finding it really
            > hard to cope, I have 5 children to look after and it's hard at the
            > best of times. It's great to find this support group.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • michaela_rees
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2004
              Hi
              I really feel for you, you sound like you have got it bad, i have
              been suffering for 22 months and it has been very bad for me constant
              headahes and tightness in my neck, i can't cope with much light
              still, i haven't improved yet at all, but i am still hopeing things
              will settle down in time.
              We all have it differantly, some have it and they don't get much
              trouble with vision and pain and a smaller number of us have got it
              very bad, and you can't just forget about it when you have it very
              bad.
              I can't work with mine, because im in so much pain with the light,
              and i wear sunglasses all the time and i still suffer, i also have to
              go to bed early to get away from the light and rest my eye and
              headaches.
              I would love to be able to go to work, and forget about it, but at
              the momment that would be impossible, some of us have been more lucky
              then others were adies is concerned.
              You will have to try everything you possibly can like the
              pilicarpine, sunglasses and a cap, and take has much care of
              yourself, try not to get to upset and stressed because that makes the
              problem much worse, i have a child to look after and it is hard when
              you are not yourself.
              There is not much the doctors can do they say they can't operate or
              give you anything to make it go away, so it will have to be a miracle
              if it goes, but it may settle down, it takes time to come to terms
              with it all, and to find ways of coping.
              Take one day at a time and try not to worry i know it can make you
              depressed but we have to try and find things that help us to relax a
              bit.
              all the best for now.
              Michaela
            • neil retallick

                  > Diagnosed with adies 3 weeks ago, my vision had been poor in my
                  > right eye for awhile then noticed my pupil was very big, saw eye
                  > casualty doctor who informed me I had adies but not to worry as it
                  > would go away, has anyone else been told this. At the moment I feel
                  > very depressed, I am suffering with bad head and neck pain, by lunch
                  > time I need to lie down and rest my eyes and come 9 o'clock I'm
                  > ready for bed. This condition is awful and I am finding it really
                  > hard to cope, I have 5 children to look after and it's hard at the
                  > best of times. It's great to find this support group.
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • neil retallick