recently diagnosed

  • wohits28
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hey everyone! I was recently diagnosed with Adie's Tonic Pupil
      (about four weeks ago). From reading previous posts about this
      disorder, I'm quite surprised about the symptoms that are associated
      with this disorder (loss of knee reflexes, headaches, neck pain).
      Besides an enlarged pupil, I don't experience any other symptoms.
      Four weeks ago, my affected eye wouldn't respond to light, but four
      weeks later, my affected eye gradually responds to light. my
      affected eye is still a little bigger than my normal eye and i'm
      still experiencing vision problems, especially at near distances. my
      eye doctor told me that my tonic pupil is only temporary and that it
      will go away in a couple of weeks, but i'm not too sure of that. I'm
      only 17 years old and I'm scared that this tonic pupil will affect
      me for the rest of my life. If anyone has any information about this
      disorder, please let me know. Thank you.