vision

  • sverige1990
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
      Hello, everyone!! I was diagnosed with Adie's in December of 2002.
      Since then I got a pair of bi-focals, which I don't wear now. I
      found that wearing them gave me more headaches than I had not wearing
      them. I do have to get my eyes checked again, as I already wear
      glasses for distance. I have noticed though, that when I look very
      close up and then focus on something far away, it takes about 5-6
      seconds for my eyes to focus. Has anyone else noticed this? I first
      noticed this when I was driving and would light a cigarette. 5-6
      seconds is a long time when driving.
      But in the last week or so, i noticed that I can't fully straighten
      my leg. It's a minor problem, is it connected to Adie's and the lack
      of reflex thing? or did I hurt myself?
      Any thoughts?
      thanx
      anne
    • Samantha Chung
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
        Hi Anne
        I have the loss of reflex part as well and have not had any problems with my
        legs. I play sport 4 days a week and have not noticed any change in the
        relfexes that I use. I also have the problem with slow focusing in my eyes
        and have been told that its to do with the pupil as when you focus your
        pupil constricts. I rekon that you've just hurt yourself. Take care.
        Samantha

        >From: "sverige1990" <areid@...>
        >To: adie_syndrome@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [adie_syndrome] vision
        >Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 00:45:42 -0000
        >
        >Hello, everyone!! I was diagnosed with Adie's in December of 2002.
        >Since then I got a pair of bi-focals, which I don't wear now. I
        >found that wearing them gave me more headaches than I had not wearing
        >them. I do have to get my eyes checked again, as I already wear
        >glasses for distance. I have noticed though, that when I look very
        >close up and then focus on something far away, it takes about 5-6
        >seconds for my eyes to focus. Has anyone else noticed this? I first
        >noticed this when I was driving and would light a cigarette. 5-6
        >seconds is a long time when driving.
        >But in the last week or so, i noticed that I can't fully straighten
        >my leg. It's a minor problem, is it connected to Adie's and the lack
        >of reflex thing? or did I hurt myself?
        >Any thoughts?
        >thanx
        >anne

        Hotmail is now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
        http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/signup.asp
      • njw07430
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
          --- In adie_syndrome@yahoogroups.com, "sverige1990" <areid@m...>
          wrote:Hi Anne, I have a lot longer focus time than 5 to 6 seconds,
          more like 5 to 6 minutes at times. However I have learned to adapt
          to the problem. I have also lost the reflexes in my knees and ankles
          but am not seriosly affected by that. I ride a bicycle frequently
          and
          am on my feet all day at work. I think you must have hurt your leg
          and the problem is probably not realated to Adie's. Nancy
          > Hello, everyone!! I was diagnosed with Adie's in December of 2002.
          > Since then I got a pair of bi-focals, which I don't wear now. I
          > found that wearing them gave me more headaches than I had not
          wearing
          > them. I do have to get my eyes checked again, as I already wear
          > glasses for distance. I have noticed though, that when I look very
          > close up and then focus on something far away, it takes about 5-6
          > seconds for my eyes to focus. Has anyone else noticed this? I
          first
          > noticed this when I was driving and would light a cigarette. 5-6
          > seconds is a long time when driving.
          > But in the last week or so, i noticed that I can't fully straighten
          > my leg. It's a minor problem, is it connected to Adie's and the
          lack
          > of reflex thing? or did I hurt myself?
          > Any thoughts?
          > thanx
          > anne
        • John
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
            > I have the loss of reflex part as well and have not had any problems with
            my
            > legs. I play sport 4 days a week and have not noticed any change in the
            > relfexes that I use. I also have the problem with slow focusing in my
            eyes
            > and have been told that its to do with the pupil as when you focus your
            > pupil constricts. I rekon that you've just hurt yourself. Take care.
            > Samantha
            >

            > >From: "sverige1990" <areid@...>
            > >To: adie_syndrome@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [adie_syndrome] vision
            > >Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 00:45:42 -0000
            > >
            > >Hello, everyone!! I was diagnosed with Adie's in December of 2002.
            > >Since then I got a pair of bi-focals, which I don't wear now. I
            > >found that wearing them gave me more headaches than I had not wearing
            > >them. I do have to get my eyes checked again, as I already wear
            > >glasses for distance. I have noticed though, that when I look very
            > >close up and then focus on something far away, it takes about 5-6
            > >seconds for my eyes to focus. Has anyone else noticed this? I first
            > >noticed this when I was driving and would light a cigarette. 5-6
            > >seconds is a long time when driving.
            > >But in the last week or so, i noticed that I can't fully straighten
            > >my leg. It's a minor problem, is it connected to Adie's and the lack
            > >of reflex thing? or did I hurt myself?
            > >Any thoughts?
            > >thanx
            > >anne

          • pat_mingus
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 10, 2003
              Hi Anne,

              I also have the problem with slow adaption of the focus when changing
              from near to far, or vice versa. As my left eye is not affected, I
              hadn't noticed this, until the neuro-ophtamologist that diagnosed me
              demonstrated it for me by covering my left eye and asking me to change
              focus with the right.

              That, and the uni-lateral sensitivity to sudden exposure of bright
              light are my only Adie's related problems, as far as I know.

              Regards,