[adie_syndrome] I have to transplantate the cornea of my Eye with Adie's Syndrome

  • Roberta Favarin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 1999
      Dear friends,I would be very grateful if you could give me more informations about my situation. I am 30 and suffer from Keratoconus on both eyes and Adie's Syndrome on the right eye on which, at the moment the Keratoconus is worse. My oculist indicates the 3rd stadium (out of 5 stages). My sight on the right eye is 1/10 without the possibility of emproving it with external lenses; I am so considering the cornea transplantation (after the contact lenses). My oculist is mainly warried by the Adie's Syndrome diagnosed when i was a teen. Owing to the tonic pupil, which very slightly reacts to the light reflex, during the transplantation or after it for about 2 monthes long, the Urrets-Zavalia Syndrome (i hope this is the correct name!) might cause the complete (and finally) expansion of the pupil. I would like to know your opinion on the matter, maybe you know other similar situations; and more in particular if you consider a cornea's transplantation on the eye with Adie's Syndrome too risky.I thank you in advance for any other useful information you could send me. If you need more details please contact me at robertafavarin@supereva.i tByRoberta from Italy