Hey, I'm new here.

  • xynne82
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2007
      I just found this forum and I hope it is still active as I really
      can't find much about Adie's when I search for it. I went to the
      doctor 2 days ago because my left pupil was suddenly huge in
      comparison to my right, though I have noticed a slight difference for
      a couple weeks now (I could have had it longer and just not noticed,
      it is very minor difference when it's not "acting up"). I have no
      serious symptoms, no migraines or particularly bad/often headaches,
      nor do I have any nausea or fever or pain in my eye, so the doctor
      said I most likely have Adie's. I have not had any major tests done,
      only the doctor looked in my eye and confirmed my left pupil is a bit
      sluggish but that I shouldn't worry and that it won't affect me much.
      Could this be Adie's then when I have no headaches and stuff? I used
      to have migraines for about a year's time when I was little, and I
      know there is some migraine in my family. Should I go see another
      doctor and get myself properly tested, I am worried it could be
      something more serious? I have severe anxiety over this and am losing
      sleep as anything health-related really fires my nerves up and giving
      me superfast pulse which can last for days. I don't think I have any
      loss of reflexes, at least my knees bounce when I tap them. As for
      vision, I have pretty bad eyesight (-2.50 on both eyes) and I am
      mostly wearing some old glasses which are -1.50 so I am used to
      having quite bad sight even with glasses. Have not noticed any
      deterioration in my sight when wearing my contact lenses though.
      Lastly I see a lot of people say they have pains in their knees and
      ankles and backs, I as well get very easily pain in my knees and
      lower back particularly, though this is not a recent change. Could I
      have had Adie's for a long time maybe? By the way I am 25 years old
      and female.

      Sorry for the huge wall of text :>
    • Trish
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2007
        I have no troubles with mine really. I've had the condition since
        2001 and I rarely get headaches. Sometimes I get the cough and a case
        of dry eye. Everyone is effected by it differently from what I can
        tell. Don't stress yourself out over it. It's not life threatening
        and it's non-blinding. Just go on a live your life the way you always
        have but just reduce the overhead lighting , wear your sunglasses and
        maybe wear a bucket hat when you're outside. If you get to much
        discomfort call your eye doctor. Just remember if you ever have to go
        to the ER to let them know you have Adies Tonic Pupil or they might
        wonder why you have one enlarged pupil. If it's your left eye have
        the lamp to your right. If you have to get an eye patch and wear it
        when you feel your eye is to stressed out. I drew an eyeball on my
        patch and I haven't had to wear it in sometime now. You do adjust.

        Trish