RE: [adie_syndrome] Re: how is everything?

  • Erin Sullivan
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 29, 2002
      Message
      Hello everyone,

      Thanks for all the responses to my questions about migraines and joint problems.

      I have just seen a rheumatologist about the pain! My tests are all normal except that my rheumatoid factor is up a bit ( if I didn't have pain no-one would say anything!!! that's how little it is up).

      He has diagnosed Arthritis though - coz I have the pain and some joint inflammation.

      My immune system tested out fine.

      Now here is where I am going - Arthritis is associated with the immune system attacking you coz it thinks it has to. I am told that it is usually an "event" like a big virus or some trauma, that triggers arthritis(does this sound familiar?).

      I do not apparently have all the evidence of arthritis but enough for diagnosis . Also told that Arthritis is still a pretty big unknown with the medical world .......so its a bit basic.

      I am reading lots on arthritis and this appears to be so.

      I asked about any possible link between the Adies and arthritis but got a quick patronising smile and a NO.

      So are there other symptoms that both these conditions display .

      I have been given steroids to take on the basis of the diagnosis am not keen to do that especially when I now have 2 "event" triggered conditions that are not well understood and also appear to have some cross-over.

      Sorry for the verryyy long mail but feel the need to explore this as I feel that steroids look scary ( as I may not have arthritis and maybe its the adies or vice-versa) and I think there is more to look at before going that route.

      Take care

      Erin Sullivan (Cowell) the OZ in the UK
    • Serra Nicole
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2002
        Erin,
        My Rheumatoid factor was also slightly elevated when I
        found out I had aquired Adies in both eyes. At first
        the Rhumatologist thought I had Lupus, but those tests
        came out negative. I too believe there might be a
        connection between the Adies and the rheumatoid
        factor.
        But then, who am I. LOL
        Serra

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com